Evil

Eric and I walked for quite some time, and I could tell he was growing irritated.

"Are we there yet?" He whined.

"No."

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know yet."

"Then how do you know we aren't there yet?"

"Because I would've found him."

"Who?"

"My brother."

"Oh yeah!"

I rolled my eyes, and continued walking forward. For a moment there was complete silence, and before I could sigh in relief thinking he had gotten tired of talking, his voice filled the air yet again.

"Aren't you hungry?"

"Ugh will you please shut up? Jeez it's like you don't even breath." I growled at him.

"I'm sorry! It's just kind of boring, and I'm hungry." He said with a shrug.

"Eat dirt. It's nutritious." I sarcastically smiled at him.

"Very funny. C'mon can't we get a burger or something? We've been walking all day, which means we're burning calories. If we want to keep walking, we need food. Energy." Eric tried to reason. He had a point I guess.

"Fine. Next place we see, we'll stop." I said, and he fist pumped into the air.

"Hallelujah! I didn't think you'd be that easy to persuade." He laughed lightly.

"I'm not. You're just lucky I'm hungry too."

About twenty minutes later we came across a burger shack, and I've never seen someone run so fast into a building like Eric did. We were seated quickly, because the shack was quite empty, despite a few people, considering it was in the middle of practically nowhere.

"What can I get you gentlemen to drink?" A waitress, with long dark curly hair and brown eyes, asked both Eric and I.

"One coffee." I said after I cleared my throat.

"A sweet tea please!" Eric smiled at her.

"Can you put his in a kid's cup?" I asked and received a glare from Eric. The waitress laughed, and as much as I hate to say it, I enjoyed the sound of her laugh.

"No way! I don't need a kid's cup!" Eric crossed his arms.

"I'll be right back." The waitress smiled, before walking off.

"Dude!" Eric scolded as soon as the waitress was out of sight.

"What? I was just looking out for you." I shrugged.

"Or looking for a way to get to her." He scoffed.

"What?! The hell are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"You have goo-goo eyes for her. It's so obvious." He laughed.

"Do not! I am completely focused on a task. I don't have time for "goo-goo eyes" or other stupid stuff that you can come up with."

"Right." He smiled, and I wanted to slap the smile right off him.

Seconds later, the waitress returned with our drinks. She gave Eric a regular cup and a kid's cup, so I couldn't help but burst out in laughter.

"Joke's on you! I have twice the amount of sweet tea now." Eric sassed, taking a sip out of the kid's cup he was given.

"Whatever, can we have two burgers please? Load 'em with everything you got." I said to the waitress, who was writing down our orders.