Sixteen

Songs: I Hate This Part - Pussycat Dolls, Heartless by The Fray (again) & What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake

"Hey baby doll." He smiled rising from his seat. 

"Hey babe." I forced myself to smile. 

He brought me into a hug and pulled out my seat for me and I took it. The guilt was consuming me from the inside, my stomach was twisted with sickness. He was so sweet to me and it wasn't even an important date. I felt like I should leave before I told him. I couldn't tell him. 

I just couldn't. 

"Max!?" I heard Jc say. 

"Sorry, what?" I asked still semi-distant. 

"I asked you what you wanted to have?" He replied confused. 

"You choose for me." I smiled. 

I watched him. His dark hair messy with patches of blonde, he wore a snapback that looked perfect on him. He wore his nirvana shirt that I had worn before. He smelled strongly of his cologne and mint. I loved the way he smelt, especially when we were curled up together on the couch together. His arms would wrap around my waist, he would lift up my shirt slightly to rub small circles on my back. 

I smiled at the thought. The fact that I had just ruined everything that we have scared me more than anything. I knew he would be upset. But what if he cried? That would comepletely shatter me. I couldn't do this. I can't. 

"So how's work going?" He asked me smiling. 

"Uh, it's I-, I mean it's going good. It's getting busy." I struggled. 

"Are you okay?" Jc raised his eyebrows and concern flashed in his eyes. 

"Yeah."

Jc would do anything for me, I know he would. I would too, though. I'd give everything for Jc. Even cheat on him, my subconcious reminded. That little reminder made want to vomit again. The waiter came with our food. I stared at him because I couldn't bring myself to look into Jc's eyes. The guilt was too strong for me. 

"So I'm going down to Texas to visit family," He started. 

"Really?" 

"I want you to come with me, to see my family." He smiled. 

"I cheated on you." The words flew out of my mouth before I could stop them. 

The smile on his face instantly faded and now I really thought I was going to be sick. The words fell from my lips like poisin and I wanted to wash the taste of the words out of my mouth. The moment I looked into Jc's eyes is the moment I lost it. They were full of sadness and anger and tears brimmed the edges. The tears fell from my eyes without warning and I was guilty. 

"Y-you what?" He asked giving a moment to clarifty. 

I couldn't find the words to reply and I just sat there crying harder than I had ever cried in my life, in public. I wish I could have told him I was kidding, that it was all a sick twisted joke. But it wasn't and I couldn't lie to him. 

"I'm sorry." I choked out. 

"No, no. No you're not." He hissed. 

"Jc, please. I love you." The three words flew from my mouth again and I just wanted to tape my mouth shut to prevent anymore word slips. 

"No, no you fucking don't because if you did you wouldn't have cheated on me." He growled getting up. 

"Jc. Don't leave, please. I only kissed him, I didn't do anything else." I cried. 

It was tearing my heart to watch him leave. I'm sure I had injured him worse, but  I didn't think he'd be this angry. I didn't want to lose him. I couldn't. Yet I'm watching him leave me here in this restaurant in front of at least 15 people. 

"You think that fucking makes it okay? No it doesn't. I hope you hurt as much as I do." He snapped and walked out. 

I watched him walk out, not only out of the restaurant but right out of my life. I wanted to run after him but my feet still stayed planted to the ground. It like everything was going in slow motion. I put my head down on the table and let the heavy sobs fall from my lips. 

***

Ugh sorry school gets in the way so much. :( ily all.