Chapter 1

New chapter 1

"Hello?" I asked as I answered my phone.

"Hey Celia, it's Nate," the person on the other end breathes out.

"Oh hey. What's up?" I ask my closest friend.

"Nothing, really. I just called to ask you something."

"Shoot," I say as I lay back on my bed.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow night?"

"Let's see, tomorrow's Friday, right?"

"Yeah, Celia," he says with a chuckle.

"Oh, shut up! You know I always get the days confused! Actually, I don't think I'm doing anything, why?"

"Do you want to maybe go see a movie?"

"Yeah that sounds fun!" A movie night is always fun.

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 6:00?" He asks.

"Sounds great," I tell him.

"Goodnight, Celia."

"Goodnight."

I smile as I get off of my bed and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Lately Nate and I's friendship had taken a more flirty turn, and the movie date seemed to hint at the direction it was headed to.

The next morning I woke up early and decided to go for a run to calm my nerves. I was more than excited for the coming night, and running always seemed to relax me. After my fourth mile, I jogged back to my house for a long shower, blow drying my hair afterwards. It was already 3:00, since my hair was super thick and took over an hour to blow dry. I went into the kitchen to make myself a sandwich for a late lunch. I had the house all to myself. My parents were both at work and my brother had decided to get a summer job, leaving me alone most days.

I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv as I ate. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I took it out to see who had texted me. It was Nate!

Hey that new horror movie you've been wanting to see for a couple of weeks plays at 6:00, so do you mind if I came early and picked you up at 5:45?

I texted back with: That sounds great! I'll see you then!

I smiled to myself as I went back to watching whatever awful sitcom that was airing at the moment, paying more attention to my daydream of the night to come.

5:00 arrived and I grudgingly dragged myself off the comfortable couch to get changed and apply some makeup. By 5:30, I was ready and my dad had just come home from work. Oh boy, here comes the dreaded 'father interrogating and intimidating the date' moment that all daughters hate. At two minutes past 5:45, Nate rang the doorbell. I quickly ran to the door, trying to escape my dad.

"Not so fast, Celia. I'd like to talk to this boy," he grunted out.

"Dad, it's Nate. You've known him for years," I say as I open the door. Nate, being the smart boy he is, says, "I'll have her back by ten, sir."

My dad nods his approval and walks back to the living room. I close the front door behind me and follow Nate to his car.