Chapter 9

A/N Hey since i haven't uploaded in so long I thought I would give you chapter 8 and 9 at the same time. I hope you enjoy it. Also when you see this ** it means that someone is having a flashback. The song on the side is Save You by Simple Plan. I think it goes with how Alli feels. Plus I love them :)

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy

__________________________________________________________________________________

The Night I've Been Waiting For - Chapter 9

** "Dad! Come on we want to get there before all the good trees are gone!" I called from the front door with Damon beside me.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" He called back as he stood at the top of the stairs looking at us.

"Come on, Dad," Damon said  as he opened up the door. We all walked outside and got into my dads car. When we arrived at the Tree Farm, Damon and I jumped out of the car and ran in to find the perfect tree. We stopped at a tree that was huge and I ran to the back of it waiting for my Dad to walk by. I saw him walking right towards the tree that I was hiding behind. I gathered the snow from the branch and threw it at him.

"I'm gonna get you back Alli!" He called out grabbing snow from the ground and making a snowball with it. Just as I dogged the snow that was heading towards me I saw Damon throw a snowball right at the back of Dads head. I couldn't help but laugh at my Dads face as the cold and wet melting snow started dripping down the back of his neck. After that we all were throwing snowballs at each other. We were having fun. Getting a tree was a yearly tradition. After we all decided that we were ready to get a tree and go. We decided on the first tree that Damon and I had chose. We paid for the tree and the Helpers helped us get the tree onto the roof of the car. When we got back we put the tree up and got the Christmas decorations from the attic.

"This is the best time of the whole year!" I exclaimed as I started to hang the ornaments on the tree.

"Yes, it sure is!" My dad said giving the both of us a big group hug. When we had finished the tree it looked beautiful. The twinkling lights of the reds and blues and greens lit up the entire living room. The lights gave the sliver garland a really pretty glow. The golden star at the top of the tree was shining down and giving the forest green tree a yellowish haze around it. The red and green ornaments were shining and almost blinding me.

"This is gonna be an amazing Christmas!" Damon said as we all sat around the fire drinking hot chocolate.

"I can't wait!" I screamed. That night Damon and I slept in a tent in the family room.**

I smiled as the memory of the first Christmas that my parents were separated came back to me. This was just one of the many memories that have came back to me while i've been sitting in between my fathers bed and my brothers, holding one of their hands. It's been two days since we were able to see them. They still haven't woken up or shown any signs that they are registering that we are there and talking to them. It makes me sad that they don't know that i'm here and that I want them to wake up. I wonder if it's just like they're sleeping. That they just keep on dreaming.

"Alli. Can I come in?" Mom asked as she opened the door.

"Yeah, of course,"

"It'll be okay. They'll wake up when their ready," Mom said sitting down on a chair beside me. The hospital room was a fair size. The walls were a beige colour. There was a couch on the far wall opposite the window that looks over the front gardens. There was two chairs one beside my brothers bed and one beside my fathers bed. Beside each of their beds were these machines that had tubes coming out of them that was hooked up to their heads or arms or stomachs. One machine was making beeping noises.

"I know. I just wish that there was something that I could do,"

"There is. Just you being here with them, even if they don't know that you are here is helping them. Telling them that you love them and are here for them is helping," Mom said laying a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. I guess so," I said as I looked at my brother lying in the hospital bed with tubes sticking out of him. It's hard to look at him because he's just so pale and motionless.

** "Damon! Put me down!" I screamed as Damon put me over his shoulder and started for the pool.

"Nope. Sorry sis," He said as I lightly punched his back.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed as he throw me from his shoulder and into the water. The water was refreshing. As my eyes adjusted I noticed that Damon had also jumped in.

"I'm gonna kill you!" I screamed.

"Have fun with that!" Damon called back with a smirk on his face.

"Ha ha. You must have just loved doing that," I said as I swam over to where he was standing.

"You must know me or something," Damon joked.

"Yea. And your gonna pay for that," I said splashing water in his face.

"Oh, really?"

"Yup," I said as I swam away making sure to kick water in his face. When I saw Damon dive down to get me I knew exactly what to do. When he popped up I jumped and put my hands on his shoulders to sink him back down. When he was far enough down I let go and swam back to the side of the pool and got out. Damon got out and chased me around with a bucket of water.

"I'll get you Alli!" Damon said as I jumped back into the pool to avoid the splash of water that was coming at me. **

"Alli....Alli....You okay?" Mom asked while gently shaking my shoulder.

"Yeah. Just remembering some memories, that's all," I said standing up. "I'm gonna go get something to eat. You want anything?"

"No thanks,"

"Okay," I walked out of the room.

"Hey. How are they?" Cody asked as I walked into the waiting area.

"They're good. But what are you still doing here. It's Monday. You gotta go to school. If you miss practice coach is gonna kill you," I said giving him a gentle shove.

"The school thinks i'm sick and as for coach... Nick and Eric will deal with him for me. You need someone here for you," He said taking me in his arms and giving me a hug.

"Does the school know about Damon?" I asked as I sat down.

"Yeah. Your mom called to let them know. She also said that you would be out for a few days as well,"

"That's good," We sat there in slience for a few minutes.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat. You want anything?" I asked standing up.

"Actually I already something. So no. Want me to come with you though?" He asked standing up.

"No it's okay. I need sometime alone, but thanks," I said and then I walked down the long hallway to the cafeteria.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Hey I hope that you liked it. I should have Chapter 10 up in a few days. So until next time...

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy:)

~Alyssa <3