Chapter 5

"KATHRINE," I cried as I got up and hugged her.

"hey lilac, SUPRISE!" she exclaimed hugging me tightly.

"I thought you said that you wouldn't be back till November," I mumbled in her ear.

"I got a three day break and I knew it was your birthday so I flew out here and landed just yesterday," she explained as we went inside.

"Well either way I'm so glad your here," i laughed as she hugged me again.

"Hey I think it's cake time," I said as she let go.

"Mmm cake," we both just laughed.

"Can we do cake now," I asked my grandpa.

"Sure, hey Cindy it's cake time," my grandpa told Cindy.

"Hey lilac you should use the lighter we gave you," Timothy exclaimed.

"That's actually a good idea Tim," I agreed.

I grabbed the lighter and lit the candles.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear lilac, happy birthday to you!" everyone sang in unison.

I made a wish and blew out the candles.

"!!Happy birthday!!"

"Ok who wants first piece," I asked.

"Me, I do, pick me," I heard Lexi plead.

"Ok Lexi you can have the first piece," I said and we all laughed.

We all ate cake and then me, the boys, Katherine, and Braden, all went out to the back yard.

"Okay who wants to do the honers," I asked them.

"Let's see I pick Braden," I said pointing at him.

"Sure ill do it," he said proudly and grabbed the lighter.

He light the wood and we all sat on the tree trunks that made a circle around the fire pit.

We all talked and laughed before the dreaded question was asked.

"So Katherine how long do you have till you leave," Logan asked.

"I have to leave at one p.m. tomorrow," she said as she looked at me.

"Oh ok," he sighed.

"Well she may leave tomorrow but we still have all night with her," I said as I laid on a blanket and looked at the stars.

She came and laid down with me and then they all came and grabbed a blanket and laid down too.

"This is the best birthday ever," I sighed thinking back upon my other birthdays.

"This is the best," Katherine replied.

"Kids it's time to come in," my grandma silently yelled so we could hear her.

"Okay," we all sighed.

We gathered all the blankets and headed inside.

"Ok so ten in the living room and me and Katherine in my room and then three on the patio," I explained to them.

"Okay, but first can we watch some movies and then go to bed," Katherine asked.

"Sure okay since there is fifteen people we'll do three groups of five but you all five have to agree on one movie," I told all of them.

They all nodded and set up there beds.

Me and Katherine changed in my bathroom and then the boys changed in the guest bathroom and in my grandpas office.