Chapter 1

BROKEN

                                                                            Chapter 1

 Drew finally asked me to go to prom with him, the boy I was madly in love with. The jock of the football team, the guy that every girl dreams of dating. Why he wanted to go to prom with me, well I asked myself that everyday leading up to prom. Why I’m telling you this well, I wanted you to know my story. My name is Katherine Montgomery, I’m 18 and this is where my whole life went downhill.

I attend Spartans high school, the home of douchebags. You would imagine a name like mines would be popular but no it wasn’t, I wasn’t. I had 1 friend who I depended my life on, Scarlett John we knew each other since we were 10 years old. Scarlett is what you guys would call perfect she had perfect hair, perfect teeth and really pretty. She had it all but one day her step dad went too far, he tried to rape her almost every other day that’s one of the thing we had in common. But unlike me Scarlett was tough, she fought back but not only for her but for her sister.

Friday 13th I found a letter in my room it was from Scarlett, well I could give you the long version but let’s get straight to the point. It was a suicide letter, in it she wrote about killing her step dad and then killing herself. I sat at the edge of my bed crying my eyes out, how do I live, how do I function, what am I supposed to do, she was my life my only friend.

Weeks and months passed after Scarlett had died, it was the most difficult thing I ever had to get over but so I taught. It was two weeks before prom and everyone was going crazy about their dress and shoes and who their dates are going to be. But me well I was worried about my finals, I had planned to go, just me and Scarlett but, well you know how that ended. Anyway I decided to stay home and cram for one of my exams, that was the plan until Drew came up to me and asked if I wanted to go to prom, I was shocked beyond compare why would he wanna go to prom with me? Something was off; I was often bullied by the popular girls in school. So I knew something was up, when he asked me the second time I couldn’t find words I was panicking. He stood there waiting for my answer but my words got twisted up, I started sweating and blinking like I was having some kind of seizure. He snapped his fingers at me, when I finally got words to my mouth I said yes, in fact I blurted it out and loudly I may add, people where staring at me like I was some kind of animal. As he realized that people was staring he looked me in the eye and said don’t tell anyone and then walked away. You could only imagine how much things were going through my mind.

I ran straight home that evening calling out to anyone who was home. My mom ran out like the crazy person she is, yelling ‘what happen, are you ok? I just looked at her like chill mother, breathe. I told her the whole story about Drew and how he asked me to prom; she went crazy giggling and bursting with joy that someone like him asked me to go with him. Little did she know that I had no friends, no social life and that I was the lonely loser no one wants to sit next to at lunch.