An Idea

School starts tomorrow for me... I might die.

There's some emotion stuff in this chapter and it probably seems really unnatural, sorry about that. I can't emotion

Professor Lupin was back at work by the next time Defence happened and it looked like he had been sick. His old robes were hanging more loosely on him than usual and there were dark shadows beneath his eyes; nevertheless, he smiled at the class as they took their seats.

"I understand that Professor Snape assigned an essay on werewolves," he said. "Well, you do not have to turn it in-" there were scattered sounds of frustration and beside Maddy, Elliot was staring daggers at a roll of parchment in her hand, "-unless you have already completed it, then you can turn it in now." Maddy, Elliot and several other people crowded forward and handed in their rolls.

The rest of the lesson went as normal, Lupin brought out a hinkypunk, a little one-legged creature who looked as though it was made of wisps of smoke and was rather frail and harmless looking. It lured travellers into bogs and used the lantern on it's head to jump ahead of the traveller and lead them.

At breakfast, Maddy and Elliot were both as awake as they normally were (only about twenty-five percent) when the former was tackled by a screaming redhead.

"MADDY WE'RE BEING EVICTED!" Bella yelled right into her ear.

"Ow, what the Hades, Bell?" Maddy asked, scrunching her face up and defensively and aggressively pushing the daughter of Bellona off of her. "Also, we can't be evicted, we live in a school and aren't even in the same house..."

"I know," Bella sighed and sat down beside her.

"Don't scream," Elliot mumbled belatedly. "I'm very tired and I think you just made my right eardrum burst."

"Sorry," Bella apologized. "Uh, Maddy, Harry wants to talk to us about a thing that I do not know about."

"So why did you scream at me that we were getting evicted?" Maddy asked.

"Because I wanted to wake you up."

"But why being evicted?"

"I don't know, come on, Harry wants to tell us something."

"Not me though, right?" Elliot asked before shoving the last bite of a biscuit into her mouth.

"No, just me and Mads. Come on," Bella jumped up and pulled Maddy out of her seat, then dragged her out of the Great Hall and into a normally empty corridor around the corner where Harry was.

"What's this about?" Maddy asked. "It better be amazing because Bella screamed into my ear so if it isn't I will send you into the actual Underworld, which will, by the way, suck your soul out of you so have fun with that."

"That sounds very fun," Harry said sarcastically. "But anyway yesterday Lupin held me up after class and said that there's a way to keep dementors away. He said that he would help me after Christmas and that you two could join as well."

"Why didn't he ask me to stay after too...?" Bella asked. "I was literally right beside you..."

"He said that you didn't seem too concerned about the dementors and he thought that it was worse for me and that I might not want you to be there or something like that, but I'm fine with it and I want you both to learn how to defend yourselves from the dementors."

"Tell Lupin I say yes to that offer," Maddy said. "You will not be sent to the Underworld."

"Er... thanks..."

"I'll do it too," Bella agreed. "Why wouldn't I?"

Maddy worked on chopping up roots as Elliot counted out porcupine spines. The daughter of Hades' arm had healed up so her chopping was much better now. Professor Snape was prowling around the classroom, inspecting everyone's progress, sneering rude comments at the students that he didn't like and praising those that he did. These two groups were almost completely separated between whether they were in Gryffindor or Slytherin.