23. "oink, oink."

I shook the can in my hand as I faced towards the red toyota in front of me. Distant flashbacks over whelmed me. I remember when we where going to a concert and the car broke down in the middle of the empty road. We pretended that we where in a part of the movie Jurassic world as we "scopped out" and looked out for the big dinosaur that eats the social worker.

When the Triple A guy finally arrived he spotted us as we where pretending to be two raptors. We really where too childish for our own good. I took a deep breath as I uncapped the bottle. It made a small "click." as shook it once more. I aimed the metal container at the side door of the drivers seat. I closed my eyes and time seemed to stop around me as another memory seeped into my mind. 

"Look this car seems legit." Callie called out, pointing out the black honda. I shook my head absently, not really paying attention to anything happening in the past week My mind was swirling around the fact that I lost 2 important people in my life. It has been a month since Luke's death. I refused to get out of the house so Callie used the excuse of "needing a new car." to drag me out of my dusty room. A place that didn't quite feel like home anymore.

My breathing hitched as I saw a toyota from across the lot. I felt another episode creeping on me but Callie caught my attention. "Wow. I love that ruby red color." She sent me a sorrowed grin as I handed her a fake smile. "Do you like that car Scarlet?" She asked me. I nodded. It brought back memories from when me and- the other important person in my life went out.

He was the closest thing I had to a friend for the longest time. He drove a red pickup truck. Both cars seemed to be made in the same year. "This is a red toyota, In tip top condition-" The sale man told us. I drowned out his words. A genuine smile grew on my face as I thought about happy childhood memories. Callie must have noticed because a smile caught her lips too.

"We'll take it." she finalized. Soon after, the sales man-who by his name was named Terry- and Callie began to negotiate prices. Callie, being the stubborn person she was shot down every "low price" the sales person offered so it took us all afternoon until Callie found an acceptable price. The sales man was literally fine with any price at that point, he just wanted Callie to leave him alone.

Poor guy. 

I felt my heart crack a little as my finger pressed down on the button on the spray can. I moved the can from side to side to from the letter "b", than an "e",than a "t". I continued until the word was finally inked  onto the car,

"Betrayal."

My  mind instantly went to the dream. 

"Enemy."

My fingers grumped the can tighter. With a grin on my face I sprayed the words, 

"Oink, Oink."

I'll show you a pig Calline. And by the time I'm done. I'll be the big bad wolf. And she'll be the idiotic pig making a shelter of sticks. 

I sprayed painted over the red metal truck. And along with it, I buried what was left of "Carls."

And painted a new beginning to "Scar."

The girl I was meant to be. 

__________________________

A/N
Sorry this was a short chapter!  Here is a shoutout to:

VioletRoses_XOXO

And her story "Just Fly Away Birdy."
It's amazballs!