Chapter 1 ~ Hunting

*

I've been with the group for a couple of weeks now. Most of the group I got along with except for this one guy, Daryl Dixon. He always kept to himself and we've never had an actual chat together.

'hey lis, can you go out hunting with daryl?' Rick said

'yeah ok, let me just change'

Great I had to go hunting with Daryl, alone. I don't trust him.

I rushed to my cell and quickly changed and as I was doing that Daryl cane to my cell and said 'hurry up will ya, we don't have all day.'

'I'm trying to get dressed' I said in a cocky tone.

'No big deal, put ya shirt on and let's go.'

Gosh he was so in patient it really annoyed me. He was so keen to go hunting.

I mean really anything that involved a gun, to him, was fun. I know using a gun means we survive another day but I don't abuse my ability to have a gun or knife.

'So where ya'll from lis?'

'I'm from Atlanta, once the city turned I went to find the refugee camp that was meant to be there but there was really nothing.'

'Mmmph'

I expected a response from him like that. He really wasn't a man of words and to me he came across like he didn't care about what I was saying or the safety of anyone at the prison.

After a few minutes of walking silently, I blurted out

'The rumors about the CDC weren't true, there's no cure'

'Yer I know that darlin' he said in a harsh way. 'I ain't a dumb shit like ya'

For the rest of the way I didn't talk to him at all, untill I spotted a deer.

'Daryl look' I said whispering.

'Okay shoot it'

'Your letting me shoot it? Really, seriously?'

'Yes now hurry up or I'll shoot you!'

Gosh, I thought to myself. Just as I was getting ready to shoot it, I felt a sharp pearcing pain through my leg.

'Holy shit lis are you ok?'

I had been shot, it wasn't Daryl it was someone else lirking in the woods.

'Shit we gotta get you back to camp, can you walk?'

'I can barely stand. Daryl please help me it's so painful.'

He swooped my up bridal style and ran me back to the prison where Rick was waiting at the gate anxiously.

' SHES BEEN SHOT!' Daryl yelled at the top of his lungs, trying not to attract walkers.

'Carl, go tell Hershel about lis and tell him to be ready'

Carl sprinted off into cell block C.

Rick swiftly opened the gate. Daryl carried me inside where Hershel was ready to help me. I blacked out.

* hope you guys enjoy it! please vote and comment!