Chapter 3 ~ Recovery

'Now, I managed to get the bullet out. You were very lucky it didn't shatter when it went in Lis or else you would be in much more pain.' Hershel said

'Thank you Hershel so much where would I be without you!'

'You'd be a walker, now, take it easy and keep off that leg of yours as much as possible.'

'Wow thanks Hershel, you really are a life saver!'

I exited the cell slowly making sure I didn't fall. As I was coming out Daryl was waiting outside with Rick but he quickly walked away.

'Let me help ye' he said with his southern accent.

'Thanks, you really don't have to though.'

'I fell responsible for this Lis, it's the least I can do.'

'You shouldn't feel sorry, the bastard that shot me should because he doesn't know who he's messing with.'

'Wow so now your this tough bitch?' He said with a rough tone.

'I always have been but I guess in this world you have to be' Daryl gave me almost a look a sympathy, but Daryl and sympathy don't go. I tried to walk away but I fell over.

'Hershel said to take it easy girl.'

I smiled and rolled my eyes. 'I know I was taking it easy!'

'I believe you girl but I think you got a bit worked up about the bastard that shot you that you just fell over out of frustration;

But don't worry, were gonna find this bastard and hunt him down.'

I think Daryl was right, my fists were clenching at the thought of this bastard. Memories came flooding back of the bullet, going through but the times before all this, jake, my boyfriend. I shook this all off and replied.

Knowing Daryl was on my side was a great feeling. He is a tough redneck and he made me feel safe here.

'Thanks Daryl' I said sweetly

'No worries darlin' he said with his southern brawl.

'Darlin, is that my new nickname?'

'Only if ya want it to be darlin'

He walked away as Rick had called him. All I could do was chuckle to myself. Damn he was so cute.

* SO HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE IT UP. THANKS FOR ADDING THE STORY TO YOUR READING LIST.