Chapter Three

~

The next morning I woke up with the potent smell of blood in my room. It never even came to my mind to clean up after myself. I had no idea if my parents knew what state I was in, but they were always clueless. Checking my phone I saw I had a message from Cam. Before yesterday I would've been thrilled, but now a feeling of emptiness replaced that. He wanted me to wake up and come over, the thought made me cringe. It wasn't even 6, I still had 2 hours before school. Confused as to what was going on I got up to get ready for the day. I checked back at the message and realized it was already 9:47, and he texted me nearly 4 hours ago. Hopefully he still wanted to hang.

My parents weren't home once again, thankfully, so I had the house to myself. But on the other hand I had no way of transporting myself to his place. I really didn't feel like walking all the way there, since it was at least three miles. My cuts were still fresh, and seeing as Cam was too lighthearted to see them, I tried to find a long sleeved shirt. All of them were coincidentally dirty so I just bound everything in gauze.

I was out of the house 30 minutes later. Curiosity ate away at me as I tried to figure out why he'd wanted to talk. Maybe he wanted to apologize for being such a dickhead. I started walking up his long driveway, that led to his huge ass mansion. Hesitantly I gave a soft knock at the door, not wanting to wake up his parents. There he stood. His tall, muscular figure practically hovered over me. My first instinct was to call him out for being so rude towards me yesterday, but I was completely starstruck. I tried to find the words to explain how I felt, but before I could he wrapped me into his arms. My heart fluttered, feeling safe was something that came naturally to me when I was around him.