Chapter Six

~

A lingering feeling of butterflies still remained in my stomach from the day before. Even though I knew he probably didn't mean what he said, my mind still wanted to think he did. 

Checking my phone I saw it was 6:35, meaning I still had a little less than 2 hours to spare before going to hell (aka school). Before I had a chance to decide, my phone buzzed from Cameron.

It read:
Good morning beautiful, I know it's early but you should meet me at the park before school starts.

Squealing with excitement, I responded back telling him I'd meet him in 5. Finding something to wear was always a hassle. After rummaging through pile of clothes I managed to find something decently appealing.

Rays of sunlight poured through my window, casting peculiar shadows across my walls. Slightly weirded out I grabbed my phone telling him that I was on my way.

My Volkswagen squeaked as it swerved along the curvy roads. There was perks to living on top of a mountain, like being able to witness beautiful sunsets, or trying to find star constellations. But having to hear your car whine every time you take too sharp of a turn wasn't one of them.

After traveling along a gravel path, I arrived at Avery park. The pond shimmered as the sound of ducks quaking was heard softly in the distance. Cameron was leaning up against a tall tree fiddling with his phone. Being the prankster that I am, I decided to try and scare him. Using my ninja skills I quietly tiptoed towards him. I felt my phone started to vibrate and I tried to silent it before it would start to make noise, but it was too late.
"Shawty got them apple bottom jeans, jeans, boots with the fur, with the furrrrr"

Cameron started laughing his adorable laugh and told me how much he loved my ringtone before hugging me. It felt good to have my old friend back.