Chapter Five

~

Walking the rest of the way home I felt unbelievably happy. I still couldn't believe that Cam had missed me. Words can't even describe how relived I feel about us finally talking again.  As soon as I walked through the door, I saw my mom sitting at the coffee bar giving me a small smirk.
"Sooo what were you doing out so early?" She asked.
Of course my mom thinks I had sex.
"If you're implying that I had sex, I wasn't. I was just over at Cameron's to go say hi"
Clearly not buying it she shooed me away.

Me: Hey :)
Cameron: Aye you made it back safely
Me: I'm not 3 Cameron
Cameron: Really? Cause you sure act like it
Me: Douchebag
Cameron: lol that wasn't the only news I wanted to share with you
Me: I'm not sure I want to hear it now
Cameron: you probably don't, but promise you won't kill me?
Me: no guarantees
Cameron: I have a girlfriend
Me:  you what
Cameron: I know, and I know that kissing you was wrong as well, but I just want you to know that I've had feelings for you since we were little.
Me: Cameron, that's not an excuse. I can't believe you
Cameron: Hazel, I understand you're mad, but after I saw what you'd done to yourself today I felt so bad because when you hurt yourself, I feel hurt. Please don't do anything stupid ever again.
Me: so the only reason you kissed me is because you felt bad about me cutting myself ?
Cameron:  No thats not what I mean at all, before I even knew what you did I had feelings.
Me: Yeah ok
Cameron: Please trust me when I say this, I love you. You're the best thing that's happened to me and I couldn't have asked for a better friend.
Me: You can't except me to say I'm head over heels for you after everything that's happened!  Partially because, A) you have a gf and b) we just started talking again
Cameron: well now it's out on the table for you if you ever wanna talk about it

I turned off my phone and went to bed. What Cameron said, made my day, but I couldn't tell if this was just some dumb little made up scheme for me to forgive him.