Forward

It was a dark and stormy night....

This work is the product of Friday morning internet chatting with a group of people I call my screenfriends. With our mutual love of Korean dramas, music and culture, our discussions were lively and fun. Gradually, we began to talk about our lives; work, home, children, pets, hobbies, etc.

On a particular Friday in December, a spark happened. We knew all the tropes that Korean dramas tended to use; why not create our own story? Thus, The Prince and His Harem began.

Every week I would cull bits of information from our online conversations and weave them into the storyline. I asked permission to use their screen names and any personal anecdotes they were willing to share. It became a six-month effort, written and posted in 2-chapter increments, to bring the story of Rickie and Meaghan to life. This includes an internal timeline of 30 days, a total of 53 thousand words, six months of effort, and my gratitude for everyone who helped me with information, encouragement and editing tips.

I want to give a special shout out to javabeans and girlfriday, who created the wonderful Dramabeans environment that allowed us to meet and become friends.

As part of the research, I included several Southeast Asian words, holidays, and locations. There is a glossary at the end of this manuscript to help decipher some of this.

Enjoy!

CMS

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All characters in this book have no existence outside the imagination of the author and have no relation whatsoever to anyone bearing the same name or names. They are not even distantly inspired by any individual know or unknown to the author, and all incidents are pure invention.

Copyright © by C. M. Shukmeister

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or utilized in any manner in whole or in part whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.