Open wound New scars

Scotts P.O.V.

At the hospital they said it was no big deal and they said she would be out soon. I started to pace back and forth waiting to see her again. "Scott, honey stop pacing you're causing a draft." My mom said. "Mom thank you for everything,honestly" I told her. "Sweetie you're going through a rough time and gwen well she wasn't the right one, I know that's not what you wanted to here right now but it needed to be said" She responded. "Mom it's fine I-I don't care anymore about Gwen it's out of my mind and i'm done with it it's gone and done." I told her. Then the doctor walked in and started to talk to me about Lela. He told me that she would be fine just she need to be more careful this time. "Thank you so much" I told him. "Your very welcome,Mr.Hoying" He responded. And just then *Ring,Ring* "God damnit" I muttered to my self.

So I looked down and saw that it said gwen.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I-I want to see her" She said between sniffles.

"Well I don't care you should've proved yourself.and most of the time you are drunk and can't even handle being sober half the time." I responded

" How would you even k-know?" she said

"Its called i'm not an idiot" I said to her.

"Anyway bye then."

*end of call*

"Who was that honey?" My mom asked me. " three guesses the first one doesn't count." I said and chuckled. "Hmm. Gwen?" she said. "Yeah" I said with a sigh. "You can both see her now." The doctor said. "Okay" We both said and walked in.

"Hey daddy! Hey Grandma!" She laughed as we came inside. "Well are you ready to go home?" I said to her."Yes!" She responded very quickly. "Okay,then I can make dinner when we get home what would you like,Sweetie?" Asked my mom. "Can we make your pasta salad?" she asked my mom. "Sure, I will just have to run to the store and pick a few things up then" She said to us."Oooh can you make some grilled chicken too?" I said. They both giggled and my mother nodded. Then it was off to the store.

~At the store~

"Okay Scott? Can you and Lela go pick up the chicken and spices while i get the pasta salad ingredients?" My mom asked us. "Sure" We both said and walked off to the meat and deli section

As we were walking we heard footsteps behind us. "Um Hey I'm Emily,I live next to your parents" She said and then shook my hand. "Hey sorry I'm Scott and this is Lela!" I told her. "Oh hold on and,its okay sweetie,." She said then a little girl came from behind her and waved. "H-Hi I'm Ollie!" The little girl said. "Hi I'm Lela, How old are you?" Lela asked the little girl. "Im 7 going to be 8 in a few weeks!" the little girl said. "Me too! Except my birthday is in june!" Lela told her. "My birthday is May 16." The little girl said. "Hey! That's my Aunt Kirstie's birthday!" Lela told her. "That's cool! Maybe we can play outside later,I have new dolls and toys!" Ollie said. "Yeah,Daddy? Is that okay?" she asked me. "Sure" I told her. "Yea maybe they can have dinner with us?" My mother said as she walked up. "Hey Ms.Hoying!, Sure we can!" Emily told her. "Call me Connie!" Said my mom. "Okay what time?" Emily asked my mom. "Is 5 okay,that way the girls can play and they can swim in our pool!" my mom said. "Oh yea!, That would be great!< Is it okay if Jasmine comes too?" Emily asked. "Oh yea your three year old! Of course." My mom said. "Okay we will be there!' They said.

As we walked away I was blushing... "Scott! You didn't even get the chicken! And Christ almight, you're as red as a tomato!" She said while her and Lela were laughing. "Daddy has a chrush! Daddy has a crush!" Lela was screaming while jumping around. "Lela I will tickle you if you don't shut up!" I yelled as I was laughing. "DADDY HAS A CRUSH!!!" She yelled and I threw her ovver my shoulders as we both were laughing.