Chapter Three: Nightmare

February 10th 9:30 pm

Pacing back and forth across my room anxious, excited, and afraid. I look at the clock bolted to the wall, protected by steel caging. I understand how it feels to be the clock, trapped and counting from one to twelve, and around again forced by an unseen system on the inside to continue to work. A waste of time is all that I've become, yet people come and go. Here comes one now. They walk in and set a tray of food down and leave. I walk over to see what I've been brought a bowl of red soup, letters float on top spelling out 'RUN sf THEY pt EAT zb SOULS' I laugh until I scoop up the soup to find an eye. I no longer find it funny.

10:00 pm

I get up and go to get the nurse. He turns around holding a bleeding heart in his hand. I scream in terror, the plastic cover on the clock breaks and the room is flooded by silence. I close my eyes. When I open them again, I'm trapped inside the clock, I walk and put my hand on the clock plastic and look into a bedroom. A young boy walks in he looks at me with silent tears then looks away. He reaches under his bed and pulls out a gun he aims it at his mirror then touches it and puts it to his head he closes his eyes and pulls the trigger. Everything flashes and I'm standing in front of my mother she goes to say something but all I hear are the beeps of a heart monitor I blink and I'm in my bed, doctors are all around me, looking at me some in terror and others with amazement in their eyes. One kneels beside me, and whispers "You were dead"

10:15 pm

I try to speak but my words are silent. The doctor speaks again "welcome back, did you see your parents?" I nod and the doctor smiles and says "Don't go join them though, you're needed here" I smile as my granddad comes into my room. He gives me a hug and hands me a bag of candy. Don't leave me yet kiddo we haven't gone to disneyland and we have to do that before you go and live with your parents. He sighs. I smile and he leaves the room. All alone I get out of my bed and into my wheelchair. I go find a nurse and tell him I'd like some food then politely ask for anything but alphabet soup.

June 5th 10:00 am

Then I wake up in my bed at my sister's house with my alarm clock screaming at me to get my ass up. every night its the same nightmare since the funeral. I get up and go down stairs where Clay is waiting to bring me to the rehab facility in Rockwood. Clay and I drive in peace.

11:30 am

When we get there, Dr. Livingstone waiting outside. Clay helps me out of the car and we follow Dr. Livingstone into the building... I get signed in and I'm shown around the facility and where my room will be. I'm told that I can decorate it as I wish and I'm allowed to make two phone calls a day. The rest of the time that I am there will be me trying to make my leg better than what it is right now so I can start hockey and start playing in shows with my band again.

5:30 pm

Clay leaves at 5:30 pm and I go to to the dining hall to eat, today is Thursday so the sign says that we will be eating pasta with Caesar salad and water. I guess it changes from day too day, meal too meal. Anyways I go eat. After dinner I go to my room and unpack my stuff. There's a t.v in my room so get ready for bed, put on the Vampire Diaries, and wait until sleep to overcomes me and eventually it does and I fall asleep. Tomorrows going to be such a busy day my thoughts were before I fell asleep.