Getting Road Casted

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! BAM!

"Park Eun Na! Are you dancing inside the house again?!"

I sighed, that was my mom. "I'm sorry," I responded.

"Eun Na, do you have anything to do right now?"

"Yes, dancing?" I replied even though I know what she is going to say next-

"Do that later. Can you go to the store and buy stuff for me? I made a list already," my mother said.

"Ok," I say. I know that I cannot win if I go against her. My one and only dream is to debut. Singing is my specialty but I'm working to improve my dancing. Its not good but not bad either.

"Here is the list," she says as she hands me the paper and the money.

I went to get my phone and I slipped it into my pocket. I put my shoes on. As I am opening the door, I say "I'm going!"

My mom replies with "Ok, be safe!"

~TIMESKIP~

I entered the grocery store. I walked around and looked at the list. It took me 20 minutes to find everything! I paid for everything and walked out the store.

"YESSSSS! I'm finally finish shopping! Now, I need to finish my new dance!" I thought happily as I walked.

I looked around; there was so many people. Well, it is Sunday today. I was about to take out my phone when all of a suddenly 1 girl and 1 guy appeared in front of me. I thought they were a couple and also perhaps wasn't looking at where they were going.

But I was wrong-

"Hi, what's your name? We are agents of SME and we're interested in you. Would you like to join SME and become a trainee?"

"Who the hell are they???" I thought to myself as I speed-walked away from them.

They followed.

"WTF! Are they stalkers? What do they want from me?!"

My legs started hurting and I started to slow down. They caught up to me. My eyes met theirs.

"We are really agents of SME. Here is our card. Take it," the girl said.

"I hope this isn't a scam" I thought to myself. I stared down at my feet. My heart beat faster and faster as I repeated the same question over and over again in my head. "Could this be a scam? Are they for real?"

The guy just  says "Don't worry, its not a scam."

I nodded slowly and they left. "Can I really trust them? But this isn't something I should just completely ignore; after all, I want to debut. What should I do? Somehow I get the feeling that this isn't a scam," I thought.

~TIMESKIP~

"MOMMMMMMMMMM! LOOK AT THIS! THERE WERE TWO PEOPLE-" I say as I quickly take off my shoes.

"What is it? Calm down. Were you running?" my mother said, cutting me off.

I took a deep breath. "I apparently got road casted but I'm not sure if its a scam. If it isn't a scam, would you let me join SME and become a trainee? I really want to debut. It's my dream!"

"Did they give you a card or something?"

I fumbled into my pocket. My hands shaking as I hands her the card.

"No, I don't think its a scam," she says as she finish examining it.

A wide smile appeared on my face. "Really? This isn't a scam? So, can I join and become a trainee?" I asked excitingly.

"If this is what you really want, then yes, I will let you join. You know you're only 13 and there's still a lot ahead of you."

"YES!!! Thank you sooo much!" I jumped in joy.

"But I-" she started.

"Oh no," I thought. "Why did she say but? What's happening." Then it had it me, she-

"Need to ask your dad about it too," she finished.

I sighed. Of course it isn't that easy. I just hope that my dad can agree, that he can understand how important this is to me. I really hope so.

"So when are you calling dad? He's still at work but you can still call him right?"

"Now, lets hurry up and call. Lets not waste a day of your dream coming true," my mother said.

I handed her the bags. I couldn't believe that I was actually holding it the whole time. Oops.

She went into her room to call my father.

Anxiously, I waited. Every few minutes, I would eavesdrop on the conversation, picking up random words.It took about 30 minutes before she came from her room to tell me the news.

"Your father says yes, that you can-"

Before she even finishes her sentence, I jump around in joy. I can't believe it! She smiles at me, happy for me. I ran and hugged her. Tears streaming down my cheeks. Forever I've waited to become a star. Now, I can.

"Honey, stop crying," my mom said softly. She wipes my tears. "I called them. They will come and get you tomorrow. Pack your clothes and bring things that you will need. Start packing right now." She then hands me a small suitcase.

I look at her questionably. "What's a small suitcase for?"

"You don't need to bring a lot, they will provide it."

I nodded.

THE NEXT MORNING:

"Hurry up! They're here! Finish your breakfast first!" my mom shouted. "I'll put the suitcase in for you!"

"Ok thanks!" I  said back as I was finishing up breakfast.

As I put on my shoes, my mom hugged me. "Good luck and stay strong!"

"See you later!" I said as I left. I entered the car.

"So the journey starts here, eh?" I thought to myself.