Part 5

Yuri groaned as she sat up slowly. Her head spun like a wheel and she was feeling groggy. She was experiencing a terrible hangover and she felt like dying. She pulled in more pillows to support her heavy head. Her eyes were still closed all the while. She put her arm over her forehead as she called out for Jessica.

“Jessica..”

She patted the side of her bed but it was empty. She finally opened her eyes and was stunned to find herself in an unfamiliar room. She quickly sat up as she nervously looked around the room.

“Shit.”

She was about to get off the bed when the bathroom door opened and out came the same girl who took her heart by storm. Yuri’s jaw was wide open.

“Morning, Yuri.”

“F..Fany?”

“Good morning.”

Yuri lifted the blanket and glanced down. She wasn’t naked. She was half relieved but still felt a little awkward.

“What happened last night?”

“You were drunk. I saw you at the pub. Your car is still there. I took a cab and ended up at one of the nearby motels. I hope you don’t mind. I was a little tipsy too.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t worry. You slept on the bed. I was on the couch the whole night.”

Yuri turned to find a pillow and blanket on the couch.

“Thanks Tiffany.”

“You’re welcome. But are you alright? You were crying last night.”

“I did?”

“Yeah, you were crying so badly. Is there something bothering you, Yuri?”

Tiffany was drying her hair as she sat on the bed; facing Yuri. Yuri bit her tongue; she just couldn’t possibly tell Tiffany the reason for her tears was because of her.

“I’m just tired I guess.”

“Are you stressed out at work?”

“Yeah, I was.”

“Take a break once in a while, Yuri. Work is not everything.”

Tiffany stood up and found the hair dryer in the drawer.  Yuri decided to shower and got up from the bed. She quickly rushed to the bathroom; her face was blushing too much. She couldn’t let Tiffany see.

“Yuri ah, I’m going out to buy some breakfast. What do you want to eat?”

“I eat anything.”

“Oh? Okay then. I’ll see you later.”

Yuri heard the door opened and closed again. She leaned against the sink; staring at the mirror in front of her. How the hell did she end up with Tiffany? And why, of all people, it had to be Tiffany? Yuri was washing her face when suddenly Jessica came into her mind. She was horrified.

“SHIT! JESSICA!”

She sprung out of the bathroom and searched for her phone. She found it; hidden in her blazer pocket. She took out the phone and her heart sank immediately. There were 100 missed calls just from Jessica alone.

“Oh no.”

Yuri feared for the worst.

*

Jessica was lying on the bed with a cold towel over her forehead. She was running temperature and she had just fallen asleep about an hour ago. Yoona had to coax her to sleep. It took her several hours before Jessica got exhausted and fell asleep eventually. Yoona pulled the blanket over Jessica and sat on the sofa; just next to Jessica’s bed.