14 | Niall

"Brooklin Cade was spotted earlier this week in Miami and can I just say, damn, girl lookin' fly" the Tv reporter told the live studio audience as they cheered "there wasn't ,however, any outings with her boyfriend, usually they're public but since Brooklin's trip to Argentina we haven't seen much,"

the cohost then began with "doesn't he have a kid? Do you think it was one of her girlfriends that caused something?" I was disgusted, this was Bryn's personal life and it was being trashed. I turned off the tv deciding to shower.

The hot water ran down my scalp as I stood with my palm firm on the wall. "Dammit" I punched the tile and instantly regretted it, pain ran up my wrist. It was fine, I'm just a wimp.

This whole week has been horrible, I've ruined two blind dates, there was a problem with my bank and now Brooklin is back on the radar.

---

6:38 p.m. And I was still staring at my screen pondering if I should call her, I went to close the app but pressed the call button.
It was ringing,
my palms sweating.

"Hello?"
A gentle voice coughed

"Bryn! Hey I heard you were in Miami,"

"Yeah I've just been.. Figuring some things out."

"Is everything okay?" I rubbed my palms against my jeans

"Well yeah just my career..family, boys...it's all just a bit too chaotic,"

"Well maybe when we're in the same town again we could sit down and eat whatever you want, and talk about it."

"Come to Miami."
I choked at her words,

"That's crazy, what?"

"I'll be here for another week, and then we're off to Mexico-"

"Brooklin, what about Chris, this is so sudden.."
There was a sob on the other line, my world broke at that sound.
I asked her to sit wherever she was because I was scared she would have a panic attack, she sniffled as I spoke about how I'll fly out to Miami and go see amazing places in Mexico with her.

"I'm a mess" her voice quivered but she was calm, and I think that made me calm.

---

I groaned as soon as I caught her, "I got you flowers,"

"I got you flowers,"

"Should've been the other way around," she mumbled

"I missed you."

"You're here now."