Chapter 4 - The Date

I watched as dex's Adam's apple bobbed while be gulped.

I'm sure if I had an Adam's apple, he'd be able to see mine as well.

"Oh hey, dex. I didn't know you work here?!" Ali exclaims, looking up to him with wide eyes.

He shifts his weight from one foot to the other. "You were here last night with a different guy." Dex says flatly though throwing a hint at Tate, 'Ali's date.'

I try so hard to hold back the scoff. But I just couldn't, so it came out- loud and obnoxious as I spoke.

"What's your problem." I shoot.

"Jos." Drew grabs onto my hand and I yank it away before he can even

lock our fingers.

"No. Drew. Don't , 'Jos.' Me. O.k. How could you even fall for this. She's obviously still very much obsessed with you and is still out to get me." I say, scoffing.

"Josie. Seriously, I- I wasn't trying to do any of this. The grill is just becoming a famous place to hang. Our whole school comes here- really, theirs no other place to hang at anymore since the pizza place got shut down and .. And I was just trying to have a nice date. Honestly." Ali says, putting on her oscar winning fake ass 'honest voice.'

And honestly, if you have a 'honest voice.' You may want to go revaluate your life - because something's not right.

I roll my eyes.

"Ohhh what ever." I shoot.

"Listen. Josie. We've had our ups and downs-" Ali begins. "Just our downs.' I corrected. She cocks her head before placing her Palms face down on the table. "O.k. Mainly our downs- but.. I wanna change. I want to be your friend. Honest." Ali says, holding her hand out across the table for me to shake.

"Why don't we call a truce." Ali urgeds.

I sit across the table from her, slumped in my chair, my arms folded and my eyes narrowed.

A pause goes by.

-

-

-

In my head all I could hear was Ferrah's voice going 'don't trust Ali.'

-

-

-

And I didn't.

"No." I say out tediously.

"Josie." Dress shoots. I look to him just as surprised, "honestly- drew. I can't even believe you even considered 'ali changing.' Yea right." I shot. "And - and Ali. I don't get why you just don't give it up already- ok- I won. I have Drew and your sitting here across the table looking at us- as a couple. Get over it. You can't have everything you want. So maybe you should run along .." I say absentmindedly, not able to stop my self.

I shoo her away and she looks at me with innocent eyes, ohh I wish she's just drop the act.

"Maybe daddy can by you , your own very drew look alike. You.freakibg.obsessed.crazy.bitch." I say before turning my rambling into a mumble.

There is a quick pause. A very quick pause- and just like that the mood switches.

Her eyes flicker and she stands, "you know... That'd be cool- if my dad was alive." She says sarcastically and a slight shake in her voice, before snatching up her purse.

Drew looks to me, a scowl on his face.

"Oh c'mon.." I say,

All he does is shake his head, before rushing behind her.