Chapter 2

5 hours later I got out of the hospital, missing the first day or school and not to mention totally embarrassing myself.

"Damn it!" I yelled, aggravated.

Since I got brought in an ambulance, most likely, my car would STILL be in the school parking lot!

I looked through my bag and found my phone. I called a taxi and waited outside.

15 minutes later a pale, sun dried, yellow taxi pulled up to the curb of the hospital. I got inside and sat down. The musty smell and oily seats disgusted me. I mean, it had obviously had not been cleaned in months.

My blue bag rested on my lap. "St. Michaels Private School please." I said to the driver.

He turned around and looked at me. His face covered with wrinkles, large, bulging bags under his slouching brown eyes. His grey-haired eyebrows stuck out in every direction, his eyelashes barely noticeable unless you squinted your eyes.

"No problem ma'am," he said. "The name's Joe, if you gots any question you sho' can ask me." He grinned.

His dark colored skin and southern accent was nice, it had a nice tone as well.

"Thank you sir." I smiled, almost saying it in a country accent but luckily I had manners and I knew not to do that.

"No problem ma'am, anything for a costumer." He said while driving.

The hospital was probably 20 minutes away from my school so we got there pretty quickly.

I got out the amount of cash that Joe told me I needed to pay. I handed him the money, then got back my change.

"Thanks again Joe." I said to him while getting out of the car.

"No problem." He said again then drove off.

I dragged my feet across the ground and to my car. I got in, and drove off. Trying to get out of there as soon as possible.

When I got home, my parents sat on the couch, crying.

"Honey, something horrible has happened," my mom said, sobbing into a tissue.

"Wha, what happened?" I stuttered, concerned.

"Sit down honey, this is important." My dad said to me, also crying, but not as much as my mom.

So I sat down on the couch.