Chapter 3

"Your aunt MayLine, she, she..." my mom started to say, but broke out into massive tears that fell down her rosy red checks and on to her purple pencil skirt.

"What your mom's trying to say is, that MayLine, has...passed away." My dad said to me, he looked into my eyes right as they started to water up.

"I, I...NO!" I burst out into tears.

The gigantic water droplets slid down my cheeks and into my my mouth. The salty flavor of the tears and the news that my dad had just told me made me drool.

"I know she was your role model, honey but we have to be strong." My dad said, attempting to hold back the tears but let a couple slip.

Aunt MayLine was my role model. She showed me EVERYTHING I was in to right now.

The Rolling Stones. NASCAR Racing. Queen. The Grateful Dead. Journey. Quiet Riot. Everything. She showed me EVERYTHING I now cherished and loved.

MayLine and I even shared the same favorite song, Who Wants To Live Forever. Now that song just seemed so sad, but exactly what I wanted to say to MayLine, it was PERFECT.

"H, h, how did she, pass?" I asked, trying not to think of the past.

"We think she, uhm, had a heart attack..." My dad said it like he already knew but didn't want to tell me the truth, so I went along with it.

"Oh, okay," I said through tears, "I, I, I'm going to my room now." I slowly got up, wiping away the tears.

I stumbled up the steps, trying to concentrate on making my way up but I couldn't. My legs felt weak and my eye lids were heavy.

So instead, like an idiot, a sobbing, baby-like idiot, I crawled up the stairs, on my hands and knees, trying to get to my room.

I made it to the top and pushed open my door. I climbed on to my bed and curled up into a ball. Beside me, on my dresser was a picture of MayLine and I at a street race in Florida.

I pushed down the picture and turned to my wall. On my wall there were pictures that MayLine and I painted on when I moved into the new house, after my dad won the lottery.

We painted on the walls because when I moved in, I HATED the house so MayLine said, "Let's spunk this dreary place up and make it OUR clubhouse!"

MayLine was 34 and had the most beautiful smile and energetic, happy, out-going, fun-loving personality.

My room had The Nirvana logo painted, and Rolling Stones logo, the Beatles logo, a Grateful Dead Bear and so much more.

Then in the corner it said "All artwork done my MayLine Grosiver and Clari Danson, not only family but BEST FRIENDS!"

We signed our names and made a club. MayLine was my mother's sister and never got married. We could tell each other anything.

MayLine even gave me her old records AND record player so we could jam out in our clubhouse.

My room/clubhouse was hippy like and fun. I loved it but I just wish MayLine was here with me.