Chapter 9

Dick had never gone to a party before. It sounds pathetic but he just wasn't really a people person. So when he arrived it was a whole new thing for him. The bright lights, loud music, flashing colors, plentiful fool, and most of all, young, hot girls. He'd seen a few at school but they were here in droves. Most of them seemed to have a guy or two on their arms. He looked around for Barb. Eventually he noticed her kissing a tall blond boy behind a lamp. The boy looked very surprised. What could she ever see in him, Dick thought. This was the first time he'd ever seen (who he assumed to be) Tristan but already he didn't like him.

Suddenly, his attention was directed elsewhere. Through a nearby door walked an oddly dressed girl. She was wearing a black dress. It was very short and lacy openings in the back and front showed olive green silk. She had, well he wasn't exactly sure what they were, sleeves of the same green color with brown and black swirls. They didn't connect to anything and he wondered how they stayed up. But the oddness of the outfit wasn't what had caught his attention. The outfit was very tight and short. It showed off all her curves and she had quite a few. As she walked closer he noticed her long brown hair. It flowed down her shoulders like a waterfall. A streak of it was a bright, fluorescent green. He could only contemplate these things for a few seconds, however, because she started talking to him. "Are you alone tonight?"

"What?" he asked, confused. Also a little distracted. When she spoke he could hear the power in her words. It unsettled him a little.

"Did your date stand you up or are you alone? Because I'm alone and I'd just love to have some company." Her voice was hypnotically soft and smooth.

"Well, how could i refuse an offer like that?" he replied, not at all sure what he was getting himself into.

"That's wonderful," she said, handing him a glass of clearish amber liquid. "Here, have some cider."

"I don't usually drink," he protested, but she looked at him and somehow he just had to. The drink was warm and slid down like flaming butter. He knew it was hard cider but the girl had put her arm around him and her hair smelled like flowers and he no longer cared about anything. "I am Urainia," she whispered into his ear, her green eyes sparkling like something wild.