Chapter 12

Checking his watch, he realized he was already late for school. He rushed through all his morning activities. Somehow, he still missed the bus. His Mom had to drive him to school. All this stress was giving him a headache. It was definitely stress. Nothing more. Urainia wouldn't have worried so neither should he. She was magical, a free spirit. She was amazing and he wanted her like he wanted nothing else. That was all he remembered about last night. He didn't recall ever seeing her before but his memory seemed hazy of late. He would look for her at school today.

For some reason, school seemed a lot emptier today. The kids from the party 2 days ago still weren't back. He looked for Barb, just to see if she was there, but she wasn't. Unbeknownst to him, she was puking her guts out at home with the worst case of the flu her parents had ever seen.

"Why did i ever go to that party?" Barb thought, miserably. "I feel awful."

"Honey, are you alright?" her mom asked. "You've been in there for a while."

"I don't feel very good," she replied before hurling again.

"Oh dear!" her mother gasped. Quickly she rushed Barb to the doctor.

"It's just a 24 hour bug," the doctor said. "She should be fine in a day or two." Barb's mother was still worried but he assured her that her daughter showed no other symptoms of the other dreadful disease. "A few quiet days at home and she should be fine."