Chapter One

^^Magnolia and Sky^^

Magnolia's P.O.V.

I was running. That's all I knew. I didn't know where i was or where i was running to. I just kept running and turning around to make sure no one was following me. I didn't exactly leave with the Alpha's permission. An Alpha, as you probably already know, is the leader of a pack of wolves or werewolves in my case. Yes I am a werewolf.

My name's Magnolia, but everyone calls me Maggie. I just turned 18 two days ago. My wolf's name is Sky. She is beautiful. Midnight black fur and green eyes, the complete opposite of her name, and of me. I have long honey blonde almost golden hair that comes down a little past my mid back and blue-ish eyes. I stand at a tall 5'7" and am pretty fit. Most werewolves are. It's not like it's impossible for us to be overweight, we just work out and train a lot so most of our fat burns off pretty quickly.

I left my old pack, The Red Forks pack, early this morning. I didn't agree with the Alpha's methods on how to run a pack. Sooner or later he was going to run it straight into the ground. I wasn't going to wait around for that to happen. I didn't have any family or friends so it wasn't hard for me to leave. Our pack was attacked a couple years ago and a lot of our members died during the battle, either trying to save their families or protecting the pack that they loved.

Alpha Jared's mate died trying to protect her pup. Neither one of them survived. For weeks Alpha locked himself in his office, blaming himself for the death of his loves. When he finally exited his office, he wasn't the same. He was cruel and had a permanent look of sadness in his eyes. From then on the pack changed.

Alpha Jared took a new she-wolf into his office everyday and it didn't take a genius to figure out what he was doing to them in there. Our pack is small. It only has about 300 members, 85 of them are kids younger then 15 who haven't even shifted yet, 142 of them are men and 73 of them are women. Out of the 73 women, only 24 were unmated, including me. It didn't take long for the Alpha to catch up to me.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize I was entering another pack's land. By the time I realized who's land it was, it was too late, patrol found me. The Shadow Rain pack's patrol had found me. They are one of the most feared and respected packs. No one ever trespasses on their territory. Who knows what they'll do to me?