chapter 3

The loud bang of the door shook Racheal out of her seductive trance enough to have her eyes begin to scan the room and realise that it is empty. Confused by the sudden outburst of her teacher.
Sighing she tapped her fingers as she waited for him to return. Staring at the minutes as they passed by. The hand moving in a seemingly slow movement, she waited an entirety of two minutes before she gave up the idea of sitting in the classroom any longer.
Slowly making her way down the empty hallway except for the jocks of her school as they stayed back for practice along with cheerleaders at their arms laughing and flirting with each other. She looked at each face longingly.
How Racheal had despised heading the group along side her brother, it was not a thing she missed. Cheryl had taken her place beside Dillon, but they were nothing like danny and Racheal and even though nobody said it out loud, they missed the days they were lead by the Zane siblings. For Cheryl was not half as beautiful or as kind as Racheal while Dillon was a blind idiot who could not even spell his own right if his life depended on it. Moreover, they bullied everybody into submission, they terrorized the whole college. No would use their name without goosebumps raising up their arms. Like in mean girls or some clichéd movie like that, they were the plastics which was not what being popular had ever been about. It was because people unanimously liked you, but the only unanimous opinion the school had about them now was they hated them. Previously they unified each facta of the school and brought harmony but since the Zane siblings were gone, all they did was bring was chaos.
Ariana was the one that missed them the most. She was a kind hearted soul. She watched Racheal pass by and could not help but wave hello. Racheals answering smile was empty, it always was empty. Ariana had tried on multiple occasions to talk to her, but in private,never once having the guts to defy cheryl, who had made her life's motto to try and ruin Rachael's life. Everyone knew was, she was insecure. She knew she wasn't as good as Racheal and almost everyone made it plain that it was true.
Ariana watched Racheal in her strappy red floral dress with her big hoops and silver delicate chain hanging between her breasts and was taken back in time, when Racheal was not broken. When each morning Racheal walked with Danny at her arm and smile. It was the most beautiful smile she had ever seen, it lit up the entire world. She missed that smile.
After the accident she always wore sweat shirts and tracks, covering her entire face with her hair or her hoodie. Her bright colours had switched to dark one's, it's like you could see something had changed, but seeing a glimpse of the old Racheal gave Ariana hope. Maybe just maybe the queen would come back to them.
"The slut in town is back it seems",  Cheryl hooted, which was followed by the chiming laughter of elen and peach.
"Cheryl don't say that about yourself", retorted Fred.
Fred took everything about Cheryl, but not an insult against Racheal. Most jocks did not. They either stayed quite and did not support it indirectly or some like Fred Quimby spoke outright against Cheryl.
"Obviously you would support her. Freddy boy always had a crush on little miss sunshine. But she was too busy ignoring every boy at school. The little dyke that she is"

Of course that was also true, but Fred knew to Racheal he had always been like a big brother and he had accepted that with grace. He had become her knight, and would not change that for any reason. He was strong enough to love his lady from far and kind enough to never expect anything from her. He knew someday someone will take her heart away and he would not be that man but he would accept him and continue to protect her. She was a little broken angel. An angel who needed protection and one he would protect with his life. He owed that much to Danny. He owed that much to Racheal.