Chapter 2

"Maybe they made it out.", I said to myself while checking if the animals were ok. "They made it out." I had started crying. My two best friends could be gone. My head started to ache. It was probably just shock. As time passed my headache got worse. My nose started to bleed. I was going to head home. The room started to spin. Everything went black.
I was woken up by Dr. Summers shaking me. "Jacqueline are you ok?" "Y-yeah I'm fine. What happened?" "I just came in and found you passed out on the floor." "What time is it?" "7:05." "What happened last night?" "You really are out of it aren't you?" I looked at him still wanting an answer. "The Particle Accelerator malfunctioned and exploded. Anything around S.T.A.R. Labs was almost completely destroyed." "Barry. Iris." "What?" "I need to go." "Ok well clean up that nose bleed and don't come back to work until next Friday. You need a break." "O-ok thank you sir." I got up and went to the bathroom. My head was still throbbing but I washed the blood off my face and left. All I could think was Please be ok. Please. I decided to go to the CCPD. I'd find Joe and everything would be fine. "I'm looking for Detective West.", I said to no one in particular. "I'm his partner. Eddie Thawne." "Ok where's Joe?" "At the hospital." "no.", I said under my breath. "What happened?" "Barry. His son. Something happened and he went back to the lab. And the storm last night... Well... Barry got struck by lightning." "T-thanks I-I have to go.", I stammered out. I headed to the hospital. I took a while. I didn't have a car. I was crying again. "Please Barry no.", I whispered to myself. I made it to the hospital. Iris was sitting in the waiting room. "Iris?" "Jac." She got up and came over to me. "He's stable but..." "But what?" "He's in a coma." "Can I see him?" "Third door on the left." I went into the room. Joe was there. "I'll leave you alone for a minute." He got up and left. He just looked like he was sleeping but with tubes and IV's around him. "Hey nerd.", I said quietly. "Please. Wake up." I stood there in silence for a minute. "You still didn't tell her, did you? The moment you're awake I'm gonna slap you. I couldn't lose him. I'd known him for over a decade. He deserved to be happy. Be in love. Well... Experience love. Iris needed to know and I certainly wasn't going to tell her. "Wake up Barry. Please."