3/30/2016

I'm sitting on my porch taking a long drag on my cigarette when my friend pulls up. I look at my phone.. 9:36 pm. I'm excited to hear her crazy idea she's thought up. She hops out of her car and pulls two folding chairs out of her trunk and sets them up right in the middle of the sidewalk looking towards the street as to not be too obvious. We again sit there talking about what we did that day and gossip. Then we both hear him coming and turn so we are facing the direction it comes every night. It's dark down the sidewalk there are only street lights at the other end of the road behind where we are looking. I can vaguely make out the shape. We both adjust ourselves in our chairs making sure we are completely blocking the sidewalk. Here it is, now where we can see them clearly. Tonight the hood is up, and shoulders are slouched forward, feet still dragging. Step by step getting closer, it looks like they have no intention of stopping. I'm closest, and I am just wide eyed staring. Walking right up to my chair less that 6 inches away from my armrest. they stopped, staring at the ground, motionless, I can't even hear them breathing. Suddenly I smell menthol like someone shoved vicks straight up my nostrils. I feel my friend grab my arm while at the same time they slowly lifts there arm up pointing straight past us down the sidewalk. I feel cold shivers rise up my spine and I slowly turn to see what they are pointing at. I turn and as soon as I do the light at the end of the street flickers. I get a bad feeling an impending sense of doom and turn back around to find the ghoul in the red hoodie is gone, nothing but the vicks smell remains. I look towards my friend and she is just as dumbfounded as I am. We sit there in silence for a few minutes before we both get up and fold our chairs. I hand mine to her while saying “Well, I’m done. I don't think I’ll be sitting out here waiting for them anymore. If I smoke I’ll go out the back door.” she simply nods and takes her chairs.