3/31/2016

I slept like crap, I kept replaying what happened the night before. Where could they have gone in the short amount of time it took me to look the other way? Why did it smell like a pool size amount of menthol rub? How did they know to point just at that moment before the light flickered? I racked my brain, should I give up tonight? Maybe I’ll just go to bed early and I’ll sleep on my big comfy couch so the dogs won't look out the windows. I do just that, I go home I watch a few episodes of my favorite show and I lay down to fall asleep. It's 8:30pm, I notice this while I’m setting my alarm for work in the morning. I get comfy and fall right to sleep with both of my dogs curled up. Beep beep beep blaring in my face I turn my alarm off and sleepily walk to the front bathroom. While I’m half asleep and taking my morning pee I always peek outside to see what the weather is like since you can never tell from one day to the next what Kansas has in store for you. I lift my curtain up and lean over to look out the little gap I’ve made. It's awfully dark still I think and my eyes focus, it's there. It's standing there staring at my front door. I gasp and drop the curtain, I wipe and run into the living room, like a possessed woman I throw shoes and a sweater on and bolt out my front door rushing towards him. I outstretch my arms towards the figure like I’m going to grab it by the arms.  Just standing there head down shoulders slouched, I drop my hands down to my sides. I stand there in front of them trying to look at the shadow covered face trying to make eye contact.

“Hello, are you okay? Do you need help?” silence.

“talk to me, why do you keep staring at my place and walking by? Why don't you change clothes?” Silence. Turninh and just keeps walking down the sidewalk. I sigh and realize I just yelled at a person that disappeared right next to me just a night before. Fear rushes over me now that my adrenaline has left my body. I run inside and hide under my covers like a little kid hiding from the boogie man.