Change Me

Okay so who said starting a new school in a new state would be easy…. Oh yes no one. I decided to move away from my hometown to gain a little independence or at least feel like I did. So it's a new year and it's the same old boring me. I was born and grown up in a wealthy family I'm basically overflowing with affluent blood. I don't show it and I don’t want to show it because I really don’t find it necessary. That is whatI moved away from. I grew up in a world where money could fix anything. I was even homeschooled until 14 when I finally decided if I should be attending an actual institution with other people my age. My mother mainly made me feel boxed in. Ever since my dad… I can’t explain, at least not now-

“Ow! What was that for?” I asked as I rubbed my aching arm where I had been pinched for no reason I could think of. I shot my best friend a glare.

“I was telling you about the latest update on the business world and I wasn’t getting a response,” she smirked.

“Come on Shay, you of all people talking about current affairs psssssh yeah right get real.”

She playfully slapped me and pouted ,”That wasn’t nice Nina.”

“Hey I didn’t say I was nice.”

Shay has been my best friend since our freshman year. As she sat next to me I studied her features. She was scrolling on her iPhone and laughing to herself every now and then. She flipped her brunette hair over her shoulders and a scowl appeared on her perfect pink lips and her semi bushy brows furrowed.

“What”s wrong hon? I asked concerned.

“Daddy won’t be able to fly over for lunch’” she whined.

“Shay cut the man some slack. He is the CEO of over 25 fashion stores and magazine agencies. I don’t think it’s that easy to just stop working, drop everything and fly to Manhattan all the way from San Diego to see his two favourite girls.”

“You’re right. Shouldn’t we be heading over to campus now?”  

“Yeah we should but I need to pick up some stuff from the apartment first. You don’t mind do you?’

“Like seriously Nina you did not just ask me that.”

“What? I don’t know if you have a schedule, I had to ask.”

“Come on, let’s go.”

Please vote and comment guys and tell me how it”s going! Ta ta for now!