Chapter 3

“Don’t touch me.”

His eyes turned to an icy cold blue. What is this about? Well I’ll just stay to myself and he can too.

“We’re here,” he says frightening me out of my thoughts. He’s still in that mode. Okay this should be entertaining.

I looked up to see that we were parked in front of Aquavit. One of New York’s classiest restaurant and wine bar. You know what I am going to take pleasure in this.

“You took me to Aquavit?”

“Yes. Is this too classy for you?”

“Excuse me?”

“Sorry was just wondering.”

“What is your problem?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You pulled my hands away a few minutes ago when things were getting heated.”

“Oh. We’ll speak about that after lunch.”

What is he hiding? Could it be that bad?

He takes me by the arm and pulls me into the restaurant. Oh what is this?

We walk to the front desk where we are greeted by a well groomed brunette.

“Table for two. Alexander.”

“Right this way.”

She took us to a table in the far right of the restaurant. We got seated and ordered. I ordered Ris A La Malta while he ordered Lamb and Sweet potato.

“So about today?”

“Huh?”

“You know what I’m talking about.”

“Oh yes. I have a problem with control. I live in control. I dominate. I breathe sovereignty. I didn’t and don’t feel like I’m in control when you do that.”

I need control as well and when I don’t have it I feel fragile. Well two of the same can never be one so I guess it’s up to one of us to leave and since he doesn’t look like he’s making a move here goes.

“Excuse me? Just to let you know I need control too. You can stay in your supremacy but for me I think I’ll stay solitary. Thanks for lunch.”

I threw a hundred dollar note on the table and walked out of Aquavit. I knew it was just too good to be true. We didn’t even start a proper conversation much less relationship. I didn’t see any cabs so I began walking. Letting myself get lost in my thoughts until I was disturbed by the honk of a car horn. I turned around to see a Chev Impala following me. It pulled up next to me and the window slowly went down.

“Nina!”

“Go away you anal retentive!”

“Woman will you get in here!”

“Clearly you have no shame. Don’t yo- Ahh!”

I was seized by the waist and hauled into the vehicle.

“Do you know what this is called?”

“I really don’t know. Please enlighten me.”

“Kidnap!”

I put the window down and started to scream “Rape!” but it was a lost attempt because as soon as the window went down it went right back up.

“Where are you taking me?”

“What does it matter?”

“That makes it even clearer that you are kidnapping me!”

“Be quiet.” His eyes were an icy blue.