Hangul

There are only 24 letters in the Korean language which are called 한글 (Spelled: Hanguel). It's divided into 14 consonants and 10 vowels. If you are lazy to search the words out, I'll put them here.

I started out learning the vowels first because why not. They seemed the easiest out of the whole thing so yeah...

Vowels:
ㅣ - i (Bee)
ㅏ - a (Apple)
ㅓ - eo (Paw)
ㅗ - o (Oh)
ㅜ - u (Uh)
ㅡ - eu (Hanguel)
ㅑ - ya
ㅕ - yeo
ㅛ - yo
ㅠ - yu

When there is 2 lines to a vowel, it creates a y in front of that letter. 2 additional vowels are,

ㅔ - e
ㅐ - ae
ㅖ - ye
ㅒ - yae

Whenever you start something with a vowel before a consonant, you add the place holder ㅇ, this place holder acts like a consonant but it's silent. It can be silent and have a sound, for example 안녕 (Annyeong), this word has two blocks. I call them blocks but they are more like syllables, An-yeong. Since the first block starts with a vowel, I place down the placeholder ㅇ. But you see that in the second block, the ㅇ is at the end and makes a sound. Each block has to have 1 vowel and up to 3 consonants. ㅇ can be used as a consonant and a place holder, this might be a little confusing but it's very hard to explain the logics behind it, so I'll let you research that.

Then we go into consonants, which are much more confusing then the vowels.

Consonants:
ㅂ - b
ㅈ - j
ㄷ - t/d
ㄱ - g/k
ㅅ - s
ㅁ - m
ㄴ - n
ㅇ - ng
ㄹ - r/l
ㅎ - h
ㅋ - k
ㅌ - t
ㅊ - ch
ㅍ - p

Certain letters such as s can be written twice, such as:

ㅆ - ss
ㅃ - bb
ㅉ - jj
ㄸ - tt
ㄲ - kk

Even Hangul is pretty confusing. This is only some of the letters. It gets into W and stuff and it's confusing that I won't even try to explain. Even if you get this, I still suggest going to a website and listening to how they purnounce it instead of reading the off a page.

This is kind of like going back to kindergarten, when we were sounding out letters to figure out how to read certain things and learning the alphabet with a song. It was much easier before of course because we still had young minds, we could memorize things much easier then now.