Rent

Cries of njideka resonated the whole house.. startling me up from my light sleep.. I learnt to sleep light for I feared that I was never safe or sound.. he called me into his room and announced to me that I had to start paying rent.. I looked at him in absolute shock rent ke? Had I ever worked a day in my life... talkless of leaving the gates.. I pleaded with him and he told me to remove my clothes for an inspection.. having no choice.. I did.. he looked at me thoroughly his eyes dancing as he proclaimed me fit to be an ashawo.. he told me i was going to make a lot of money for him and that I should pack my things that I was going to a brothel owned by a pimp called madam cash... I screamed and pleaded and threw my self on the ground.. cries of uncle bikozianu filled the room.. all my crying and begging fell on deaf ears as two days later I found myself being examined under the gaze of a woman so fierce and wicked the devil would run for cover.. she took away all my clothes and replaced them with pieces of clothing that could barely cover anything.. she then asked her bodyguard to show me to the girls quarters in which I was roomed with three girls in one of the 6 flats... once I entered the flat I was shown my room.. silently I walked to my room and once I got to. My bed I lay down and birthed a river of tears.. I guess I was loud as my roommates entered my room one after the other... they just stood there and looked at me with sympathy something i would learn to get used To in future... the prettiest of the girls Chima spoke first she was a light skinned beauty with a long slender body she wasn't too skinny or too thick she was in between and she looked flawless.. "stop crying my dear.. crying has never proven to solve any problem... none of us want to be here but we have to and we have to endure... I'm in constant pain in this house but I never shed a tear rather channel all this your tears and frustrations into pleasing our costumers once you have paid madam her money then you're free" she placed a hand on my legs and it was a little comfort... the second to speak was dera she was a thick and curvy black girl when I first saw her thoughts of chimekeme lekwa ukwu filled my head... she was very curvy but her face.. chineke her face di ka ngwere..she was soo ugly... her customers try oo.. "my dear.. after the rain comes the shine you'll be out of here in no time okay? " I nodded.. the last one Tessa didn't say a word not a single one she just eyed me and left.... for the first time I spoke "thank you... but how did you guys end up in this place" I ask tearfully... chima sighed and begun her story....