***...Episode Three...***

Nervous.

I felt the butterflies through my stomach, the sounds of people breathing and whispering. My mother had been seated at the right of me, her hand holding mine. Every little thing people did I heard, scratching, breathing, moving. It drives me insane.

Once it was my turn to move inside I felt so nervous, what would be happening inside, what was it that they could do to help me. My mother was asked to stay behind, at first it felt like a strange movie, where they would experiment on me and tell my mom they would keep me for a while. Of course this was not true, the company was especially here to help people that suddenly developed a different lifestyle. People that lost an arm, a leg or their eyes.

The door closed, it was soft, not at all like my room. I hardly heard it at all. "Welcome." Female, a soft, warm and strangely calming voice rang through my ears. I heard her heals walk towards me, stopping just moments before colliding with my body. "I'm going to give you a hand now." Explaining what she would be doing was comforting, I felt like I wasn't going to be able to cooperate before, but I felt at ease now.

"My name is Astrid Torrent; I am here to talk with you." Her hand was soft, so warm it made my heart melt. I never felt like this before, strangely calm and confident. "Let's take a seat." Softly pulling me with her she took me to the couch, her strength pushing me into the soft texture. She then placed herself next to me, her weight pulling down the cushion.

"I hear you suddenly fell blind; you must be confused." I nodded softly, not knowing how to react. "I can't know what it feels like to lose something like your eyes in a moment, but I want to understand." I felt her words be warm and fluffy, she wanted to know about me, how I got the way I was, how I felt. My story, however, would not be much. I couldn't remember how it happened, it just did. One time I had been looking at the screen, the plot twisting within the series. The next it was like the lights began to dim, not much later it had become dark. I couldn't see anything, not even my hands, it wasn't a darkness that happened when you stand to fast, it was. Just dark.

The whole time she listened, humming so I knew she was still there. I knew I could tell her my whole story; about what I had been feeling. My worries and even the things that had nothing to do with my blindness. Every time I went I felt like I could tell more, she listened and I felt like I could trust her. I felt like I gained a new friend.

The more I came, the more I told her. She told me stories about herself, how she used to always go to the beach to find shellfish. How she did it even after she turned twenty. How childish she was and how much she liked to sing songs even though she couldn't hit a note. She even sang to me, her voice still as warm as ever, just not really on point. It felt wonderful, I almost forgot that I couldn't see her.

She treated me like normal, my friends had not, they were distant, they couldn't handle me not seeing them I guess. It felt painful, yet I couldn't blame them. It was difficult enough for me, I couldn't imagine what they were going through. It felt painful, but I knew it was bound to happen. I would deal with it like I did with my blindness.

With words.