1.7

"She really said that?" Lola asked, trying to not let food come out of her nose from laughter.

Luke nodded, trying not to spit out his drink while laughing at Lola.

"I can't believe that," Lola said, swallowing her food and just thinking about what Luke had just told her. "Why would someone ever say that?"

Luke shrugged. "She wanted to sleep with me, I guess, but she knew my rule." He pushed around the food on his plate, not too hungry anymore.

"Ah, right, only fucking virgins still?" Lola took another huge bite of her pasta.

The side of Luke's mouth curved up as he sat back in his chair, one hand on his leg, his other playing with the fork that touched his no longer hot food. His eyes were trained on his food though, caught up in somewhat of a daze. "Yeah, but I mean, there could be an exception to the rule."

Lola nodded, not really paying attention anymore. She was happy for the meal and she was happy to see Luke, but it sucked that he could casually talk about other girls and fucking virgins, while they were freshly out of a somewhat relationship.

"I'm ready to go whenever you are," Lola sighed contently. She now just wanted to go home, back to her apartment, and maybe cry while watching a sad movie. She didn't want to be out in public anymore.

Luke nodded and called over the waiter, asking for the check which was given to them very quickly.

The pair fought over who was supposed to pay and who got to pay and why, which ended up in Lola retrieving her debit card from the back pocket of Luke's pants as they walked out of the restaurant. That was his way of making sure Lola couldn't pay for dinner.

"Well," Lola scratched her neck. "Thanks for dinner. It was lovely seeing you again."

Luke nodded, smiling down at Lola. He missed her so much.

"Yeah, I'm glad we could do this." He said to her.

Things got awkward for a moment which resulted in Lola saying something she immediately regretted.

"Wanna come see my apartment?" She twiddled her thumbs and chewed on her lip as she waited for Luke's answer.

Luke looked at her unsurely. "I don't want to go unless you're absolutely sure. I don't want to make you uncomfortable in your own home or make you regret inviting me over." He rambled, not really sure where he was going with it.

Lola nodded. "I want you to see it."

"Well, okay then. Should I follow you there?" Luke got his car keys out of his pocket and started walking over to his car.

"I don't have a car, idiot." Lola smiled at Luke as he turned around to glare at her. It just made her laugh. "You drove me to the restaurant."

Luke nodded. "I guess I just forgot that quickly." He let out a breathy laugh and started the car.

Lola was nervous for a few reasons.

One, she wasn't sure if she wanted Luke to know the exact location of her apartment yet. She wanted it to be completely okay between them before he visited her. She didn't want angry drunk Luke to come barging into her apartment and scaring her in her own home. That's why Lola left Luke's in the first place. She didn't feel safe.

Two, she didn't want him to think this was her way of inviting him over to have sex. Lola knew how Luke's mind worked, and he was probably thinking how he was going to get into her pants when he got her alone, and Lola didn't like that. Of course, there was a chance that he genuinely wants to see her place and meant all the things he said about wanting her to feel comfortable in her own home. Lola kind of doubted that, though.