Chapter 10: Welcome Myst

(Josie's outfit^^^)

(Josie's outfit^^^)

"You're Myst?" Sarah asks Myst who sat on their couch and played with Fizgig. Fizgig was excited to see her for some reason. He made excited whines and licked her wildly. Myst giggles and spoke in a weird language to Fizgig. Almost like Latin.

Myst looks up to Sarah and smiles, "Yup, I'm Myst. Too bad we never met that night, Sarah. I was really looking forward to it. But, rules are rules. Those who seek the help, shall be the only ones who ask. I know you were asking for help for your husband, but both of you had different kind of help. Same subject, but different reasons. It has to be the same completely." Myst explains while rolling her eyes.

Scott stood near the couch while Josie sat in the lazy recliner next to Scott.

"Why couldn't you give the help my dad asked for?" Josie asks.

Myst sighs, "Ok, let me start at the beginning..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(10 years ago...)

(Myst's house ^^^^)

(Myst's house ^^^^)

John parks his truck near a tall house, almost like a mansion, but more Victorian style. It was covered with a mixture of black and dark purple paint. Candles lit at the windows and a wolf wind chime tinkled on the porch. The house itself gave John chills down his spine, but he needed the help. For his wife and daughter's sake. He takes one foot onto the cement pathway towards the door and the wind around him begins to roar. He grips his jacket to tighten it around him to protect him from the cold wind. It was like death himself was wrapping a blanket of ice around his body. The wind continues with every step he took towards the porch. When he reached the porch, the wind died down and the cold was gone. John looked around the area, he hopes he knew what he was getting himself into. He turns and walks to the door and lifts his hand to knock, but the door opens with a loud slow creak. No one was there to open the door, so how did the door open?

He walks inside, and is welcomed to the foyer of the house. A wooden staircase faced the front door. A lamp stood on top of the rail of the stairs. Glowing an eerily red that made everything look like blood.