Chapter 13: Reason and Regret

Malia, Braedon, and Theo carefully sneak into Forth Jewett, but Malia starts to feel something was wrong.  She could sense something.  But she wasn't sure what it was.

"There's something wrong."  She whispers.

"Is it a scent?"  Braedon whispers as she braces herself. 

Malia shakes her head, "I don't know."

Together, they walk around a corner and there he was.  Deaton tied to a chair with a cloth over his mouth.  He slowly opens his eyes as he sees all three of them walking towards him, but Braedon stops when she sees the panic in his eyes.  He keeps looking over her shoulder, where Theo was.  He was warning her.  She quickly turns, but Theo was faster.  He knocks the gun out of her hands and fights her and wins.  He knocks her out on the floor and grabs her gun.  Malia looks over to them in shock.  Theo aims the gun at her and shoots her in the stomach.  Groaning in pain, she clutches her abdomen and falls to to her knees.

"It was me, wasn't it? You picked up a Chemosignal.  Probably regret.  Because I didn't really want to do this.  But I didn't have a choice." Theo sighs and throws the gun to make it slide across the ground till a woman stops it with her foot.  Malia looks up and sees it was her mother.  The Desert Wolf!  She takes out a bottle and throws it to Theo.  He holds it up and smirks with his yellow eyes glowing.  He was holding the talons that Deaton took.  From the Garuda that stabbed Scott to absorb his power and failed.  But, Theo had better plans with it.

  But, Theo had better plans with it

"You should've listened to Braeden." He says and puts the bottle in his pocket, leaving her fate in her mother's hands. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Josie, Scott, and Liam went home, Myst decided to spend some time with the Argents, but first they called in Parrish after Scott told them what he could do.  Myst sits on an office chair with her legs resting on one arm rest and her back against the other, twirling around playfully as they wait in a bunker that belonged to the Argents.

"After thousands of years of existence, you still act like a child."  Gerard says.

She twirls to face him with an elbow on her knee, "Well, you're as young as you feel.  And I don't feel 3000 years old.  But, instead of being curious of my age and acting, how about you tell me why didn't your family guarded Diana like they were suppose to."

"And I thought you knew everything, black widow."  Gerard smirks at her. 

A loud whoosh was made and sharp breeze flew past his cheek.  He snaps his head when he hears a loud thud made by his head.  He sees a blade sticking deep into the metal wall that he was leaning on.

"Don't...call me that.  I hate that name." She growls at him.  "Just because my name means it, doesn't mean you have the right to even call me that.  Should I say Hi-ho Silver to you?"  She asks sassily.