Prologue - Part 3

Riley P.O.V
'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

"Riley come on we need to get the children to the barn." Zahanna screamed over the ruckus.

"Protocol 0-16, I repeat PROTOCOL 0-16." I screamed.

I reached under my dress and my shoes to pulled out my throwing knifes out, then discarded of my shoes

If attacked children 0-16 have to report to the barn, kids 13-10 carry ages 0-4, ages 5-9 run along side them while ages 14-16 have to protect the children from attackers.

All the children ran in a group with aged 14-16 surrounding them. 

I ran I the back making sure everyone was okay, Zahanna lead then to the barn.

We were almost there when I heard an agonizing howl.

I stopped running to see a rouge on top of a wolf. The rouges teeth sinking into the wolf's neck.

"Zahanna keep going." I yelled to the front.

She didn't reply, but she didn't stop.

Lightly gripping the end of the knife and aimed it toward the rouge.

Before I could throw them I was swept of my feet and judo flipped over a rouges shoulder.

I hit the ground head first, and chest second.

"Aw look at the little pup trying to help the pack she doesn't even belong to." The rouge said followed my a breathless laughed.

I tried getting but I was so dizzy by the spinning movements, I barely got to my feet before falling over.

Suddenly the rouge picked me up, tosses me over his shoulder, wrapped his arm around my waist and broke out into a run.

My head was bouncing around making my vision weak and even more blurry.

Suddenly I saw a brown wolf with green eyes next to a dirty blonde wolf.

They were standing next to a body of a dead rouge.

"Cole!" I yelled the loudest I could in my condition.

It was enough as he looked I'm my direction.

I could see him start to charge, but before he could a large black wolf got in the way.

And I knew that black wolf anywhere.

"Dad" I spoke quietly.

I saw the black wolf turn toward me and that was all that I as before the trees blocked my view, and the darkness of the forest consumed me.

.

.

.

"Why did they let them take me?" I asked myself.

"Why didn't they save me?"