Chapter 5: Tears Stream

I hear his breathing deepen and guess he's asleep. Slowly, I slip my body out the side of the bed and creep towards the door. I turn the luckily silent handle and open the door a crack so I can squeeze out. I stick to walking close to the walls because I have no idea where the creaky floorboards are.

Finally, I make it to the living room where I pick up his keys. I crush them in between both my hands so that they stay soundless and head towards the door. CREAK. I step on one floorboard and find myself in a hot flush. I wait on spot in silence for a couple seconds but I don't hear any movement from the bedroom so I keep going.

Cautiously, I push the key into the lock and turn it. I pull on the door handle but the door won't open, maybe I picked up the wrong key. I turn back to see Jordan standing over me with his foot pressed against the door. Before I can scream Jordan slams his hand down over my mouth, pushing me back against the door. "Mppfff mmm." I try to explain myself but that's all it comes out as.

"What do you think your doing?" Jordan asks as he snatches his key out of the door. I tug on his arm for him to remove his hand but he won't. "I trusted you tonight."

"Well what did you expect? You kidnapped me." I say when he finally removes his hand.

"Stop saying I kidnapped you, I hate it when you say that, it was for your own good Emily." Jordan snaps.

"What would you prefer me to say? You abducted me? Snatched me from my home?" I question him angrily but he doesn't reply. "That's what I thought because there is no excuse for what you did."

"Rescued you! I rescued you from your tragic and dangerous life!" Jordan snaps as he thumps his hand against the door, right next to my head which makes me cower. Jordan sees the fear on my face and drops the tough guy act. "Emily I'm sorry, you know I wouldn't-"

"Just leave me alone." I say as I push past his arm. I go into the main bathroom and slam the door, it was the closest room I could get to so that he wouldn't see me cry. I unroll some toilet paper and with the mini pen I always kept hooked on the inside of my sock I begin writing as that was the best way I could express myself.

Dear toilet paper diary,

He scares me, I didn't think he did, I thought I was tougher than this but he scares me a little. Not all the time but when he gets mad I have no idea what he'll do. I may not have any family but I had a few friends who I miss so much right now.

Apart of me wants to keep this but it's pretty pathetic. I decide to keep it, I may need to write on the back of it soon. I role it up and put it in my sock with my pen. I sit with my back against the door and let a few tears stream down my face before falling asleep. I know I have to face him tomorrow.