Chapter Five

"I have to see Leo," I confessed to my reflection. "I have to find him, talk to him, and get some answers." My reflection gave a sharp nod in agreement. "He can help me. He knows things I need to. He may not be right about my being dead, but he was right about whatever kind of magic I have." My reflection and I both released a heavy sigh. "And then, I can forget he ever existed. Deal?"

     I pushed away from the vanity. My chest hurt, and my throat still stung, but besides that, I was physically okay. My mental state was a whole other question. Considering I was talking to a mirror about going to find some guy that I was a hundred percent sure was stalking me, claimed I had died, snuck into my room, was dangerously good looking, and had claimed a space in the part of my mind labeled "Hazardous!", my sanity wasn't looking too good. It's like I'm asking to be raped or kidnapped or something. 

     My face in the mirror was pale and framed by some crazy hair with two widened white eyes. I'm such a freak. Sighing, I flopped onto my bed. The ceiling fan turned around, and round, and round. My curtains billowed out at me from my open window. The evening was just setting in along with the chill it brings. My head began to swim as I was lulled to sleep by the sounds of the wind. I tried to fight away the dreams, but they came anyway. They always came.

     "What about the pink?" Ray asked emerging from her closet.

     I was sitting on the edge of her bed while she dug through her closet for something to wear. My parents caved when I begged them to let me get ready for Game Night with Raylynn and Georgia. They said it was only because I had been good, but I could tell they were really getting tired of me moping around the house all day.

     "Pink's fine. It accents your hair."

     Ray looked in the mirror to assess the way the pink blouse looked with her gold-red hair. Her nose scrunched up. "I look really girly."

     Georgia paused by the door. "You are really girly."

     "Oh, be quiet," I threw a pillow at her head. "She looks great." Georgia caught it and tossed it back at me.

     "Never said she didn't."

     I crossed my arms over my chest. "If you're not gonna wear that, what are you gonna wear, Ray?"

     Raylynn retreated back to the closet. "What about…" her voice trailed off as she pulled a new outfit on. ”This?"

     "You look nice."

     She had put on a green flowing dress that ended about mid-thigh. It had cap sleeves and a small butterfly design around the trim. It was no less girly than the previous outfit, but Ray seemed to approve. She put her hands on her hips and turned to me. "What are you wearing?"

     I gestured at my jeans and T-shirt. "This."

     "No way are we letting you wear that." Georgia stepped back into the room wearing a short black skirt and red top. "Everyone's going to be dressed up tonight, you included."

     "What do you want me to wear?" I sighed. "It's a game night, I want to be comfortable."

     Raylynn jumped up and dashed to look at her selection of clothes. She tossed things behind her nearly missing me every time. Georgia also left to explore her array of clothing. Georgia came back first with a black and purple lace skirt and fitting black top that'd hug my imaginary curves.

     "Put this on." She commanded, tossing the items at me.

     The skirt poofed around my legs and ended slightly above my mid-thigh. The shirt clung to me and made what little bit of a chest I had more pronounced. Georgia nodded her consent. "You look good. I approve."