Chapter 2

"YOUR TAXI IS HERE! HURRY UP!" the stepmoster bellowed up the staircase

I didn't even have my belongings packed up. I had to throw the clothes lying on my floor into a duffle bag and rush out the door, not receiving a single goodbye from anyone as I exited through the tall glass doors. I slid into the taxi and the short, fair skinned middle-aged man drove me into the capital city to the airport.  I exited the taxi and headed toward the terminal I didn't even know where this plane ticket was taking me. I decided to  read the fine print and the it read that I would be going on a one way flight to Seattle, Washington with a connection in Los Angles, California. I thought Seattle?! Why would the stepmonster send me there. It rains every single day, does she want me to die... I think to myself Of course she does. I manage my way through security and continue on to my designated gate. I was so excited to be away from the stepmoster I could have screamed with excitement. I arrive at the gate about 40 minutes before my flight is scheduled to depart. I hear my tummy rumble and decide to fetch some Starbucks. I walk up to the counter and order a tall skinny peppermint mocha with soy no whip and a blueberry scone; typical me. As I arrive back to my gate I notice that boarding has started I quickly jump in line ready to start this crazy adventure.