The Weirdo

Chapter 3: The Wierdo

I was left in solitude after the incident. People never looked me in the eye, they threw objects at me, spat on me, and fortunately pretended I did not exist sometimes. The teachers never caught a whiff of the um, bullying? Like always. But being an Odd for three years certainly had it's good points. You learned how to ignore people and their stupid efforts to make you look lower.

As an Odd, you are given a nickname. Mine was Wierdo. I don't know how mine came to be, but it's not that bad. Everybody's weird in their own way. Like those cat people, they're definitely weird. I guess the name stuck since I stand out easily, just like a weirdo.

Lunch was my favorite period. I would go to the library, grab a few books, put my headphones on and drown myself in books and music. If I could read all day instead of going to school, I would be the happiest person.

I was making my way to the library when I bumped into someone bony.

“Ugh it's the weirdo.” a high-pitched voice said. Mindy, and her ducks.

“At least I'm not a prostitute.” I retorted.

“Haha funny, not!” She laughed as if she had said the funniest thing in the world. Her followers giggled.

I rolled my eyes and passed by them, their laughter fading as I entered the library. Heading towards my usual spot, I grabbed books off the shelf as I went. Another person was in the seat across from mine but I ignored them, they would probably leave when they saw who was sitting in front of them. I placed my book in front of me, covering the person across completely. I read along to David Guetta's Titanium.

Something kicked me. I ignored it. They kicked my shin. Whatever. They smacked my book causing it to collide against my face in the process. I set it down and looked for the perpetrator while blowing the hair away from my face. A Burnett with green eyes and an all knowing smirk was slouched in the seat across. Well damn.

“Hello Cookie.”

“Yo Skittles.”

“Drag Queen”

“Bimbo”

“Fag”

“I'm not a fag!” I rolled my eyes.

“So what's a popular like you doing in the library. I don't think people like you are interested in being smart.”

“Funny, I was thinking the same about you.”

“Cute”

“Whatever.”

“So what do you want?”

Destin looked shocked. “What do I want? I was here first girly.”

“This was my spot to begin with.”

“Really? I don't see your name written on it.”

I groaned. “Just spill it out! Do you want me to do your homework? Clean?”

“whoa whoa, hold your horses rainbow.”

Before I could utter another word, he threw a piece of paper at me. I raised an eyebrow.

“That's my locker combination. Before school ends, imma be outta here. I want you to do my history homework. Page 378.”

“How much”

“How much what?'

“money”

“You, an Odd, are asking for money from a popular.”

oh no I'm asking if you could jump off a building.”

“Cute.”

“ugh”

“I'll give you 5 dollars for every question.”

“How many questions are there.”

“I don't know.”

Reluctantly I agreed. I needed the money. “fine”

“cool, I'll see you tomorrow hippie.” Destin got up and walked out.

After school I went to Destin's locker and quickly punched in his combination. I grabbed his history book and slammed the door shut. When I turned around, I was surrounded by Mindy and her slaves.

“I heard you were with Destin in lunch.”

“So.”

“What's an odd like you doing with him?”

“Ask him.”

“Don't play that game with me Paralee.” Mindy said, sounding rather irritated.

“what game?” I asked innocently.

She slapped me. “What were you doing with Destin?”

“why you have a crush on him or something?” Mindy flushed a deep red.

“This bitch-”

“Mindy, Mindy. Clam down, I was just talking to him about his day. Giving him advice on how to fuck up someone's day. You know, the usual. If you want to know anything else, talk to him. He's the one who came to me.”

“Liar. There's no way a guy like Destin will talk to a piece of shit like you.”

“Does that make you a piece of shit too?”

She punched my stomach, causing me to double over in pain. She reached for a pocket knife and slashed a thin line of my cheek. I gritted my teeth.

“You're finally showing your true colors. Feels nice huh, not hiding behind a facade.”

“You're crazy Paralee. I was always like this, you just never noticed.”

“Mindy, I'm sorry for not noticing you were worshiping the devil and doing drugs.” I said in a monotone voice.

“I wonder how many stitches will it take to keep your mouth shut.”

“I don't know. Why don't you try.” A daring look on my face.

“You must have a death wish.”

“Maybe.”

She kicked my gut with her heel and leaned down close to my ear. “You'll regret it Paralee, You'll regret it.” She straightened up and smiled. Mindy snapped her fingers and walked away, her hair flowing behind her like a golden halo. Such irony. Her male admirers circled me and began throwing punches and kicks.

I was left lying on the floor of the school hallway, bruises on my arms, neck, face, and legs. I probably had a rib broken and a black eye coming. My lip had burst and I could taste blood in my mouth. Man, how was I going to explain this. My phone ringed. I moved to grab it, my muscles screaming in agony. It was a text message from OtakuUSA. They had released a new volume of Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi or World's Greatest First Love. A yaoi serious I really loved. Nothing beats a good yaoi manga when you're beaten to a pulp. I truly was a wierdo.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

New Story....Is it good???????

Comments? Concerns? Complaints? Jokes?