{ two }

The next morning, Felix had gone down to check on Wendy. She was sound asleep, so he kissed her forehead before locking the basement door and heading off for work.

He walked into the office with such confidence, as if last night was all just an act, that he didn't have a mental breakdown. He acted as if everything was fine, pretending the weight he carried on his shoulders was nothing. He couldn't give away any hints that he has Wendy trapped in his house. He couldn't have anyone taking Sally away from him.

He went about his day just like any other, he'd have typical and normal conversation with his fellow workers. He jotted down notes and did what he did best everyday. He went to work like any other normal human.

It just makes you wonder exactly how many monsters are hidden beneath the masks people hide behind.

When he got home at exactly 4 pm sharp as usual, he went straight up to his room and got changed into his black sweater and jeans, what he wears everyday. That was his usual attire – black. He finds that black is the deepest color, it shows no happiness though it does show mystery and secrets, as if looking into the captivating color, you can just see your own pain in plain sight.

After he changed into his clothes, he went into the bathroom and immediately turned the faucet on and splashed cold water on his face. He avoided the mirror at all costs.. he hated having to deal with the daily reminder that he was made up of imperfections and misery. Just looking into his eyes, you can see this morbid, unwholesome person built onto the shadow of who he use to be – someone normal.

It never occurred to him that he wasn't normal, things all went wrong when he had been put through his worst. He lived his life as if it were anything but normal, but he seized to realize just what he has become. Killing was something he didn't know he was capable of. In his mind, he could never imagine doing such a thing.

But he does kill.. he's a murderer.

How can someone be so mad yet feel such sentiment? He never use to be like this. Growing up as a kid, Felix had it all. He had a loving family, his sister was his closest friend he had, and he had an amazing childhood. He was never insane, but everything he's ever dreamt of, everything he's ever loved has vanished. All because of one mistake – one mistake that had turned him into an utter manic.

If there was one question that could outnumber any other, it would be: What had happened in the past that made Felix this way? What even caused him to change into someone so.. demented?

Once he was finished freshening up, he went back downstairs and stood in front of the basement door. He just stared at the knob, he felt his hands start to shake and his body was responding in a strange way.

Why was he nervous to see his beloved Sally?

"Because how can I keep pretending everything is okay when she doesn't even love me back? She's always been like this, and I can't change the way she feels." Felix thought to himself.

Hesitating, he slowly unlocked the door and opened it, trying to be as quiet as possible.

He began descending down the steps, only to find Wendy asleep again. Why does she sleep so much?

He walked towards her, his steps fluent and steady, though he struggled to compose his emotions. He felt like breaking down again, just seeing the sight of her sleeping, not even acknowledging everything he does for her.