It's hard to break a Diamond

Hey guys so this is just an angst one shot about James bad past and his relationship with Katie and how she found out.

Disclaimer: I own nothing

____________________________________________________

"You worthless piece of shit!" Samuel Diamomd growled at his trembling son.

"I'm sorry daddy i-i-i'm sorry!"

"You should be sorry!" That night James Diamond got the worst beating of his life for using the word "Daddy" and stepping into his father's study to retrieve his toy that rolled under the bottom of the door.

Today, the James Diamond everybody knows is a stong, lovable narcisisst and people would not believe the countless scars he had from himself and his abusive past. Here he was today, holding the familiar blade in his hands, up to his already wounded wrist. Up and down in smooth motions making himself pause for a moment making the wound deeper and more crimson liquid trickle down his arm.

"James?" He heard his girlfriend of 2 years, Katie Knight, ask through the closed door.

"Yeah, beautiful?" He called.

"Gustavo called, He wants you all at the studio in 10!"

"Okay, Thanks babe!" James was scrambling off the floor to get cleaned up. once he is finished, he puts on his wristbands and walks out to the living room.

James barely made it out of the door before Katie's screaming cut off his train of thought. Immediatly, he ran to his screaming girlfriend.

"Baby, what's wrong?" The tall muscular brunette asked.

"Take off those wristbands, NOW!"

"Why?"

"James!" When James didn't reply, she took it as her own priority to rip off each wristband as slow as possible. Each one removed revieled rows and rows of fresh scars, faded scars, scabbing scars,etc. Katie let the tears leak and soon enough she locked herself in her bedroom, sobs escaping her throat.

James unlocked Katie's door with the key she gave him. James reached out and put an arm around Katie pulling her closer on the cold hardwood floors. They sit crying in each others arms for about 3 hours. Finally Katie stood up, taking her boyfriend with her. "Why James?"

"I don't even feel pain anymore Katie, I just wanted to feel something." Everyone had found out about James's parents, and he got hate on it everyday. Everyone called him names like "gay" because he was sexually abused by his father. James poured his heart out into telling Katie.

Katie was supportive of his whole recovery. They made out a system. She counted everyone of his scars and planted a kiss on each one. Each day she re-planted those kisses counting in her head. One day when James thought he was ready, he got out the huge diamond ring in the rich velvety red box and got down on one knee and proposed infront of an entire resturant, on their 4-year anniversary. Over the years they had 2 children: Anabelle and Ryan Diamond. Katie and James Diamond always remember how lucky they are to have eachother.

The only mystery? How Katie knew about his scars, she had just seemed to figure it out! But boy, James was glad she did.

"How did you figure out I cut myself that day?"

"Well you see-"

"Mommy!"

"Sorry, duty calls! Bye!"

"Katiiiiieeee..."

"Jaaaaaames."

I'm done. Bye guys.