chapter four.

** JUSTIN'S POV **

I left kisses down Selena's neck before bringing my face back up to hers. She was panting already which made me laugh. I wasn't going to do much more than making out so she probably should calm down. I grabbed the crepe and plopped myself down onto the sofa. She still stood. I grabbed her shirt and lightly tugged her down. I put my arm around the couch to which she laid into. She nustled into my body and I chewed the crepe. She switched from channel to channel until she settled on a movie. 

"I could've sworn I saw Maryah at the creperie!" She said cheerily.

"Really?" I asked, she was probably just seeing things. If she wasn't I'm definitely fucked

"Yeah, with that girl Alicia" fuuuuuuck. Maybe Selena had noticed her, but Maryah hadn't noticed Sel

"Well, let's not think about her. Huh?" I suggest and she nods. She snuggles closer to me and I had to keep myself from shrugging her off.

I only wanted her for sex, which would happen sooner or later. I barely even liked her. Yeah, I once did. Back when we were Hollywood's it couple. However now, I lacked the want of relationships. She sighed and she sounded in Euphoria. When I called her a week ago she sounded like a wreck. She sounded so broken and desperate. I told her I wanted her back and her voice immediately took a turn for the happier side of life. I continue to eat the crepe Maryah went to order, but Selena actually brought. I didn't want to be in the house when Maryah got back. Paparazzi would be such a bother though. From what I've heard I yelled at paparazzi to leave Maryah alone so they never pester her when she's out. Dumbass move. There was basically no where to escape to and I was trapped.

** MARYAH'S POV **

As she dragged me into Forever 21, suddenly all the dark clothes seemed to suit me more. I usually wore bright, colorful and elegant clothes. Bright? I was not in the mood for bright. Alicia squealed as she saw a body-con neon dress. I went towards a rack with sweaters. It was July. Therefore it was also very hot. I picked a black sweater with rips decorated with stars. I also went to the rings. The box read clearance and was filled with mostly dark colored rings. I got a handful and walked toward the cash register. I quietly paid for my things while my mind wandered to unspeakable places. I usually sang my problems and as soon as I get home I will. Regardless if she's there, or if they both aren't. Alicia bought me a cinnamon roll and I thanked her. I drove her home and stopped right on her driveway. She placed her hand on mine which quivered on the steering wheel.

"Want to jog tomorrow morning?" I turn towards her, she wore a sympathetic smile

"Yes, please" I sigh. I didn't realize I had been holding my breath until now

"You sure you'll be alright?" She asks and honestly I don't know.

"Yes of course. I am a strong woman, aren't I?" I give a fake laugh, that sounds too real. Have I faked a laugh frequently? Why did that sound so genuine?

"Indeed you are, I'll see you tomorrow babe!" She walks up her driveway, but turns around "I LOVE YOU" She shouts.

"Love you too!" I shout but not as loud.

I'm surprised I didn't crash my car into anything on the way home. Whether on purpose or accidental. I relaxed just a bit when I saw her car was gone from the street. I quietly opened the door to see Justin sleeping. As much as I wanted to slap him for cheating on me. He was so angelic looking. His chest rose and fell in a pattern my cheek had learned to love. I wanted so much to just lay on the sofa with him, but it would cause me so much pain. He probably smelled like her. Gross passionfruit and vanilla vomit. I walked past the couch and I felt a hand grip my thigh. I yelped in fear and looked behind me. He was holding my thigh and looking directly into my eyes.

"Is that a cinnabon cinnamon roll?" He asks, I forgot it was his favorite.

"Indeed it is, Alicia bought it for me. You can have it" I held it out to him and he took it

"Stop speaking so formal "indeed"?" he scoffs "Who even uses that word?" he opens the container and jabs his fork into my "feel good" food.

"Okay" I get up and walk off. 

"Wait!" He says and I turn back towards him.

"How was your day?" He asks, it wouldn't have surprised me if it were before his accident. Also it shouldn't have because it was to cover up his Selena sharade.

"It was interesting to say the least. Yours?" He also seemed stunned at my short answer, or that I used 'formality' "It was cool, I mean. You?"

"Not much happened, I just stayed home" I nodded and then went to turn back around "I missed you.." I almost flung myself to the ground or at him. I gave my best fake smile

"I missed you too" I said and walked up the stairs to our room.

I grabbed the guitar and headed to our balcony. I sat cross-legged on our fire pit sofa. Then I noticed I had left my laptop out here. I decided to work on our anniversary video. I cut, clipped, slowed, speeded up and chopped some home videos of him. As the audio I put a cover of me singing a song he said reminded him of me. Arms by Christina Perri. I sighed as the seven minute video came to a perfect ending. I shut my laptop and didn't feel the need to strum and sing a sad song. I picked the guitar up and positioned it perfectly. I started to strum to Clarity. Another one of our favorites, well mine now.