The Big Sleep

Day 2

I was having a nice dream when I was rudely awoken by Chris.

"MCLEAN! IT'S 5 IN THE MORNING!" Buford yelled.

"Time for today's challenge!" Chris said.

"At this hour of the morning?" I questioned.

"GET UP AND RUN, RUN, RUN! RUN TIL YOU SEE THE FINISH LINE!!!" Chris screamed.

So hastily, we all quickly got up and ran for what seemed like forever.

I got puffed after 30 minutes of non-stop running and wondered how much longer it would last.

Finally I made it to the finish line, which was just the dining area back at camp!

"We just ran in a big circle?!?" Ally yelled.

"You bet!" Chris said with a cheeky grin.

After others arrived, Chris told us it was a 10km run we just did.

"I would be furious, but I'm too tired." I said to Ally.

She nodded in agreement.

I looked around at the people here from my team.

Adam, Ally, Harper, Avery, Buford and strangely enough, Tawni, were all here.

I murmured to Harper, "How did she get here so fast?"

"At the start, I told her that there was a massive shoe sale at the finish line." Was her reply.

Shortly afterwards Stan arrived, followed by Milo.

"Sup Austin," Milo puffed.

After more of the other team's players arrived, they only needed one more camper to get back, same as us.

Then we all heard huffing and puffing.

Emerging from the tent was, Leo!

My team cheered and whistled, when we were interrupted by Chris.

"Hold your horses Bass, this wasn't the challenge."

We were all groaning and moaning.

"There's more?" Cece and Rocky asked.

"I'm sorry guys. To apologise, how about I treat you all to a delicious turkey feast!" Chris said.

We were all ecstatic! Everyone was cheering and whistling again.

I was STARVING!! I ate so much it wasn't funny.

Adam and Milo had 5 servings. Harper just pigged out on the cranberry sauce.

We were all full and really tired, hoping Chris would let us sleep.

But then Chris said,"Campers, it's time to start your challenge!"

"We're too tired!" Leo piped.

Everyone just groaned in agreement, too tired to say anything.

"That's great news Leo, because today is The Awake-a-thon challenge!" Chris said.

I felt like smashing his face into a concrete plate.

"You will need to stay awake for as long as you can!" He finished.

We all slowly walked to the campfire area.

"Let the challenge....BEGIN!" Chris said.

The first 5 minutes was painful. Like hysterically painful. It was excruciating.

Then Tawni said, "Guys, I really need my beauty sleep soooo, you understand." She said with a giggle.

Others were about to protest but she had already started to snore.

"Oh no you, you, you, don't." I said sleepily.

And in the matter of a few minutes, Adam, Milo and I were all out like a light.

When I woke up, I was in my cabin, trying to remember what had happened.

Then I got up and was about to go into the girl's cabin to check on Ally when Ally stopped me from behind.

"Oh, you do NOT want to go in there." Ally said

"Oh there you are!" I said with a smile.

"And why can't I go in there?" I said pointing towards the cabin.

"Harper is practically hibernating in there. Wake her up, and well, just don't wake her up." Ally replied.

"I bet she must have lasted a while." I chuckled.

"Yes, actually she was the last one standing on our team. But we lost. That wolf kid from the Gopher team is really good at staying awake. He hasn't slept a wink since." Ally said.

Well this sucks. Not only do we have an elimination, but my friends and I could be on the chopping block.

------------------------

"Hello Bass. Once again you are losers." Chris said rudely.

We all just grunted because we were all too groggy. Except Tawni. She slept normally, as if it wasn't our challenge to do the opposite. Obviously, she had my vote.

"The first marshmallow of the night goes to...Harper." Chris said throwing it at her.

Of course it just bounced right off her because she was still only semi-conscious.

"Buford!

Ally.

Avery.

Adam.

Leo.

Stan.

And Austin." Chris said.

I was relieved.

"Milo and Tawni. Hmmm what to do, what to do." Chris added.

"The last marshmallow goes to.........Milo." He finished, throwing Milo a marshmallow.

Tawni looked like someone had just slapped her across the face.

"THIS IS NOT FAIR! This show just got ugly!" Tawni yelled as we all booed her.

And after Chris put tape on her mouth, Tawni was off in the boat of losers.

---------------------

Hey guys! Just wondering, are there any ideas you would like for this story? And feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys! Vote and comment please!

-----------------------------