3

Really? At this time?

I picked the phone up, and answer.

“Hello Mr. Horan?” a woman voice said.

“emm.. yeah?” I answer, wanting noting more than just go to sleep.

“I need to talk to you about your brother” the woman, who apparently was a nurse, continued.

“Is he okay?!”

“Sir you need to come to the hospital now..” And before she could continue, I had hanged up and was on my way to the hospital.

“Can I help you sir?” the woman behind the desk ask.

“Yes, I got a call about Jake Horan” I said so fast that I almost didn’t understand my own words.

“Yes, Mr. Horan” the voice from the phone said from behind me. I turned around to look at her. She was a little, chubby lady, whit short blond hear, and a nice smile.

I followed her inn, in a small meeting rom.

“Mr. Horan I’m..” she started

“Niall.” I corrected her.

“Of course, Niall, I’m afraid I have some bad news..” she continued whit a sad look on her face.

Is he dead? Was the first thought that hit me.

“No his not dead” wait can she read minds? “but it doesn’t look too good, he is slowly getting worse and the transplantation doesn’t seem to be happening any time soon..”

“But.. but.. you can’t give up! I’m getting the money soon I promise!”

She looked at me whit a compassionate glance “Mr. Hor.. Niall, the money isn’t the only problem. Even if you get the money, the transplantation list is way too long.”

“But I can’t just let him die!”

“I know, and we are doing everything we can. We just thought you should know..”

“yeah, thanks..” I mumbled “can I see him?”

“Of course, he is moved to room 205” I nodded and hurry to Jake’s room.

I stood unsure outside the door. Should I knock? No.. it’s almost 6 AM, he is probably asleep.

I carefully opened the door, and yes in the bed it was laying a sleeping Jake.

I couldn’t help but smile at the sight of him sleeping peacefully, but that closer I got the more the smile disappeared.

The man in the bed didn’t look like my brother. He was way to pale and slender, it looked like he hadn’t eating in days. What the hell!? It’s only been like three or four days, is this what the nurse means by ‘slowly getting worse’?

Fuck, I need to do something, or he is actually going to die..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

sooo.. what do you think?