Chapter 7

— Ella's POV —

— Ella's POV —

"Ella!" My father barks, making me flinch. I bite my lip as I nervously walk into the living room, where he's sprawled out with a beer in hand. Already? I know not to ask about it though, that'll just make him angrier.

"What are doing just standing there, you stupid girl? Go clean up the kitchen!" He shouts at me.

I nod and rush over to clean the plates but my shaky hands aren't making things any easier. I desperately wish that Luke was here so dad wouldn't be acting like this. If Luke stayed, everything would be okay.

Getting lost in thought, my quivering hands drop one of the plates, causing it to shatter on the floor. I gasp and jump back. My heart pounds in my ears. I'm so dead.

"You idiotic girl! I gave you one job, and you can't even do that! Come here!" He barks, wobbling on his feet as he stumbles into the kitchen.

"Please don't," I cry. I back away from him in pure terror; I can't do this anymore. I'm tired of being his punching bag. I try to move elsewhere but curse to myself when I realize I'm trapped in a corner.

I wince as I feel the impact of his hand across my cheek, causing my head to slap to the side. My hand quickly flies to my stinging skin as I try to swallow the lump in my throat. It hasn't been this bad in a while. I can tell it's going to get worse with how angry he is.

"You just can't do anything right, can you," he sighs heavily. His voice is eerily calm as he grabs my shoulders and forces his knee into my stomach. I double over in pain and he takes the opportunity to kick my side. I cry harder, not even trying to stop him at this point.

"It should've been you instead of Liz! She deserved to live!" He shouts. I begin to sob at his words, inching myself away from him. I can't take this anymore, I can't do it any longer. He advances towards me again, so this time I yell and push him away, praying someone will hear me.

"No, don't touch me!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I back away and nearly fall up the stairs. "Stay away!"

"Don't talk to me like that! You get over here!" He bellows. I let out a shriek as he grabs me by the hair and pushes me into a wall.

"Shut UP!" He shouts, clasping his hand over my mouth. I scream into his hand, kicking and thrashing as he struggles to keep me still. I even resort to biting, so I clamp down on his hand with all my might and keep my hold until I taste blood.

"You stupid bitch!" He screams.

Finally he releases and so he can tend to his hand. I take this as my initiative to run, so I bolt up the stairs. Unfortunately, he isn't far behind. He lunges forward and grabs my ankle as I run, causing me to lose my balance and fumble to the floor at the top of the stairs. I pull as hard as I can, desperate to escape his grasp, but he is far stronger that I am. He pulls me towards him and grabs my arms so he can force me to my feet. I continue to sob and cry as loudly as possible, but no one comes.