Spaghetti and Bad Memories

-So do you want your hoe to come over or not??- My best friend Bonnie texted. I smiled. We had nicknames for eachother, mine was prostitute and hers was hoe.

-No, that's okay. My brother is sick.- I referred to my little brother Max. Bonnie has some kind of weird phobia of people who are sick.

-Oh then count me out, prostitute. I don't want no part of that!- 

-Kay ttyl.-

-Night Boo c;- 

-Night hoe:)-

I plugged my phone in and went downstairs. The smell of spaghetti was attracting me to the kitchen. The boiling noodles, steaming sauce, cooking meatballs, and sizzling spices made me feel a little better.

I passed Max in the living room, and went straight to the dining table. I wasn't about to get sick too! I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. Luke's plane left three hours ago. He would soon be flying above the ocean. I have a fear of the ocean. My mom and Max do too. Family reasons...

I spaced out and realized I was staring at my mom. "You okay?" she asked, pushing back her dark brown hair from her face. She pretty much looked just like me. Dark brown hair, crystal blue eyes, small nose. Max was blonde and had green eyes. He looked like my dad... Luke had caramel color eyes and a lighter brown hair color than my mom and I. 

"Yah, I'm fine. Just a little nervous. Luke is flying over the ocean soon..." I trailed off. She breathed in deeply as she stared into the pot of noodles boiling noisily over the stove. 

"He'll be fine, sweety. Don't worry about it. Nothing could ever happen to Luke, he's such a cutie." She said, through her teeth. It was because I brought up the Ocean. 

I lightly giggled. "I know ,mom, I know." She faintly smiled. I stoppped talking. The whole ocean topic always puts a damper on our conversations.

"Max, food's ready!" My mom broke the silence after a few minutes, and she put the whole meal together. She handed out plates, and we got our food. We sat down at the table. 

I reminded Max not to eat yet, because we had to pray first. I told them that I would pray tonight. "God, Thank you for thisbeautiful meal mom has prepared for us, and this gorgeous day you have made.." I felt like I should say something about dad. "and please tell dad that I love him... We love him." I corrected myself. My cheeks got red for bringing him up. "And.. please let Luke have a safe trip to Hawaii and back, and let him know I love him too. Amen." Max said amen too, but my mom was silent. 

I knew it was for bringing up dad. I've had nightmares about him, every night since I heard the news. He was my best friend. I followed in his foot steps. Yes, I was a daddy's girl all the way.

We all finished our food, and I took over the dishes before my mom could even think about doing them. 

When I finished the dishes, it was 8 pm, and I was very tired from hanging out with Luke all day. I've been dating that boy since 8'th grade, and I'm going into my Junior year when summer break is over and school starts back up. I was 14 when we started going out, now im 16 close to 17.

So I went to bed, before I could pass out on the wood floor.