001

→ JHS / 03:37

he bolted upright in his bed, breathing heavily as he wiped a bead of sweat from his glistening forehead. he kicked his blanket away from his body hastily, leaning against the headboard of the bed and closing his heavy eyelids as he inhaled through his nose and exhaled through his mouth, hoping to calm down his heartbeat. his heart was thrashing and throwing itself against his ribcage, and it almost felt painful. it felt like someone was pounding at him from the inside out, making his bones rattle.

hoseok's hands felt weak, and the vision in front of him seemed like it was spinning out of control. when he set a foot to the ground, his knees felt as if it couldn't hold his weight beneath it. he stared blankly at the wall; he was completely out of it.

he groaned, slowly slipping back under his covers and shutting his eyes again, but the sleep just wouldn't come. hoseok moaned in disappointment before getting out of bed in frustration.

"another fucking nightmare," he muttered, walking out of his bedroom and into the kitchen for a drink of water. he turned on the fan momentarily in hopes to cool down his body heat.

hoseok lived in a modest apartment; there wasn't anything in particular to look at, because it all seemed to blend in with the walls. he didn't care for much extravagant things, since he moved from place to place.

after getting a quick drink, he put the water bottle back into his refrigerator, sighing as he attempted to peel his shirt off of his body. it was drenched to the core, every acre of the cotton fabric soaked with his sweat.

hoseok could vaguely remember what the dream was about—he was awoken when he could feel something pricking and nipping at his skin. it felt like something was biting him or pinching him, but when he opened his eyes to the dream, his eyes drank in the sight of red, orange, yellow, and streaks of white.

he remembered yelping out in surprise, looking around in pure panic, the entirety of the room—which wasn't even his—lit in a dark shade of red. he tried to find a way out, but his doorknob felt like iron that had been baked in a fire, and if he attempted to break out through his window, he'd probably die, judging from the height it offered—but it wasn't even supposed to be this high. he lived on the second floor of his apartment. in the glass, he could see his reflection—it wasn't him—it was someone's face that he had never seen before.

when he was engulfed by flames, that was when he jolted upright in his bed, thankfully not because of a fire. he still didn't appreciate the intensive sweating his body had went through while he was in deep sleep.

just as hoseok walked back into his room, he heard the distant wailing of ambulances and firetrucks, and the noise happened to get louder and louder, until it remained the same loud volume, which he could infer that it had stopped somewhere near him. curious to see what had happened, he turned on the lamp light and looked through the curtains of his window before gawking at the sight that laid before him.

he could see the apartment across his street up in flames, thankfully only a part of it, but it was a big part. the flames licked at the second half of the twenty-story building, the core concentrated on one of the rooms in the twelfth floor. hoseok could feel chills crawling up his arms and his spine. his eyes followed the large number of people at the bottom, and he could hear some of their desperate cries over the mixed noises of the sirens, the extinguishers, and the hurried yelling of the rescuers.

his heart was beating quickly, faster than usual as he sat back down on his bed, trying to digest what had happened. hoseok's eyebrows pinched together in the middle, frowning as the questionable realization sank in.

deja vu?

···

[A/N] : hi it's me and i'm back again with another shitty fanfiction,, sooo how was your day?? was it good?? if it wasn't then make it good!! i don't even know what i'm saying it's almost 4 am right now and i feel super high on life and is questioning my own existence so fucc